Sign in to follow this  
holybananas

Recommend me some cables for DIY RCA to mini

Hi all,

I currently using a DIY RCA to mini cable using Canare L-4E6S Star Quad with switchcraft 3.5mm and RCA plugs.

Am thinking of making another RCA to mini cable with the same 3.5mm and RCA plugs from switchcraft but would like to change the cable that's being used.

Pls recommend me suitable cables preferably obtainable in Singapore.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I currently using a DIY RCA to mini cable using Canare L-4E6S Star Quad with switchcraft 3.5mm and RCA plugs.

Am thinking of making another RCA to mini cable with the same 3.5mm and RCA plugs from switchcraft but would like to change the cable that's being used.

Thanks!

CAT5 cable.

CAT6 cable.

Canare L-4E6ATG. (Supposedly more detailed than 4E6S)

Kimber 4TC. (much more detailed than Canare)

:dance::dance::dance:

PS: don't diss the cheap CAT5 and CAT6 cables. I built an RCA to RCA with those and the result really give the Canares a run for their money. Supposedly CAT6 is better. Also, the outdoor CAT5 cables are better than indoor ones (the ones I used), I was told. Belden CAT5s cost roughly $.7 per metre. You get 8 cores. I only use 4 cores per channel. I guess you can also try 8 cores per channel, might be better.

Edited by ting.mike

CAT5 cable.

CAT6 cable.

Canare L-4E6ATG. (Supposedly more detailed than 4E6S)

Kimber 4TC. (much more detailed than Canare)

:dance::dance::dance:

PS: don't diss the cheap CAT5 and CAT6 cables. I built an RCA to RCA with those and the result really give the Canares a run for their money. Supposedly CAT6 is better. Also, the outdoor CAT5 cables are better than indoor ones (the ones I used), I was told. Belden CAT5s cost roughly $.7 per metre. You get 8 cores. I only use 4 cores per channel. I guess you can also try 8 cores per channel, might be better.

Hi ting.mike,

I never diss cheap cables. In fact, the higher the bang for the buck, the happier I will be :)) Where exactly can I purchase the Belden CAT5 or CAT6 as well as the Kimber 4TC cables that you suggested?

Thanks!

Edited by holybananas

Belden CAT5 cables should be available in a lot of stores in Sim Lim Tower. I wouldn't know for sure though, as I don't live in singapore.

Kimber 4TC should be available in audio shops in the Adelphi. Not sure which shop carry Kimber, but it's a very famous brand. Someone's gotta have it.

I am sure LHS in Level 2, Sim Lim Tower will carry the Belden Cat 5 and 6 cables.

Hi all,

Thanks!

you can consider chord company ichord which can be found from sonic sound audio