Sign in to follow this  
gray

Earphones Suggestion

I am looking at getting a pair of earphones for my Cowon S9. Am currently using a Sennhesier PX100.

The setup will mainly be used in the office, (to help de-stress) in that regard, I would like something that is not too obvious (i.e. please dont look at me, I am listening to music during work). Thus the thought of using earphones.

The main problem I have always had with earphones is finding a pair that is a good fit. One of my ear is slightly smaller than the other, so I have always dreaded earphone and have gone with headphones such as the PX100. Have not tried any of those In-Ear-Monitors, but they dont look comfortable.

I've looked at quite a number of posts in the forum but ended up feeling a little overwhelmed. I intend to go down to Stereo or Jaben to audition some earphones but would like some suggestion beforehand from the gurus on candidates that I should look at. I like the sonic signature of my PX100, but perhaps would like a slightly fuller sound. Bass should not be bloated. I like phones that are good with vocals. I have the added problem of having high-frequency hearing loss and tinnitus since young, although these are not because of prolong exposure to loud music. In that regard, phones that have good highs should be useful in assisting hearing. Comfort is also key.

I dont have any specific budget but perhaps think that something less than $200 will be a good number to start with. Appreciate advice on phones I could shortlist.

Edited by gray

Guest dragonboy

Looks like the Westone UM1 fit in just nice. Unfortunately... u just missed stereo's promo, bro. :prettyprincess:

Sorry no offense thou .. (IMO) UM1 to me sounds very muffled =\ i tried UM1 and Shure Se115.. i prefered Shure SE115 to UM1 as the sound for Shure is more clear.. the price is about the same as UM1 from Stereo.. =)