blackmouth0

Astello Radiance

Went to Stereo (CWP) last week intending to get a new pair of um1 for my friend birthday. And found that on their shelves, they add in a new toy. Astello Radiance. out of curiosity, i tried the earphone.

First impression,

not bad sound stage. The bass was deep and much extend.

Sound stage is wider as you are able to hear from vocal from the singer.

isolation seem to be a problem, but checking out with Cyrus, he told me that is intended, if not the sound stage would not be that wide and also the depth of the song would not be deep.

Vocal wise, hmmmm, not that bad. Can hear the singer well.

So, end up, buying both the UM1 and the astello.

As usual, I try to burn in this Astello,

After 10 hours of burning.

Bass started to get a little big stronger, and tighter. Sound stage remind wide.

In a particular track, I normally can hear the string bass been pluck with lack of energy. However, the astello reproduce the sound so much that the plucking sound can be hear with more energy from the string bass player. The feel of the song improve that when each instrument come in, it can be heard as compare to my previous below $100 earphone ( JBL reference and Creative EP 830) which in the pass give a very muddy bass.

Conclusion: It goes well with Classical Music.

After 15 hours of running.

The bass get tighter. The mid and high don't have much different yet. But the significant improvement in bass make it sound superb!

Intend to get it run overnight tonight.

50 hours.

My ipod battery die on the way it reach to hit 49-50 hours. Well, while waiting to charge it, hook it up to my another mp3 player. The bass getting stronger, and tighter. Sound stage is wider as well. Can hear each depth well of all instrument (Jupiter, by Holst). The clarity is getting better with some pop songs. As the vocal can be hear well compare with the previous few hours. Have not get a chance to try with Jazz music yet.

Had tried with comply (t500) isolate sort of improve. Using silicon, my ipod volume control(headphone out) have to be set at 50% in order to get good isolation. Now, using comply, just need about 30% of the volume control can already. The comply did try to control the bass. Not too harsh.

Stay Tune for more updates, as it's running-in in the process.

Edited by blackmouth0

Guest dragonboy

Something new from stereo :think: ?? I remember Aron letting me try the proto-type 2 years back.... didn't think that it will be launch since it took such a LONG time. It did sound pretty impressive for a earphone below $100. If you're looking for earphones below $150, you shouldn't miss this. Can't really remember how looks like after so long. I just wonder why it took them 2 years to launch a new earphone? :think:

wah!!! mean i am so outdated? lols. 2yr already?

hmmm, they taking such a long time to launch, maybe they want to better improve on it? like the build of the earphone is stronger and have a better sound?

I mean, using this 2 years to better R&D on it, and improving the old proto-type??

It's very well made thought it might not be comparable to some flagship out there. However to me, it a steal for it's price. I've yet to hear it for myself. Will drop by one of these days to audition. Will make an ideal gift for my clients and rest of my girlfriends. :grin:

I do hope the built quality is better than the crossroads stuff. Though I think doing that is not that difficult.

I could still remember asking Aron about the Astello for like 6 to 7 months before I left Singapore and to date I am away for about 1.5 years and its finally out. I was still asking him about it during my last trip back.

From the proto type quality, it really seems not bad.

yea.. it sounds good. i was skeptical at first about the quality when it was first introduced to me, judging from the price i didn't expect much.

However after about 100hrs of burning in and extensive comparison with other brands like Westone, its really awesome.

You really need to do some decent burn in to get the best out of these dynamic drivers.

Metal housing with fabric cords, at such a price it's really a steal.

p.s: alvin, the set you heard was 100hrs burning, glad you like it :) enjoying it with the mini3..

Guest dragonboy

I wouldn't say it's heaven.... but for $59.. it's a killer! Impressively wide soundstage, doesn't give you the "in the head" type of sound. You know, friends always expect those who are in this hobby to give them something up to a reasonable standard. Doesn't break my wallet if need to buy gift for friends. :grin:

Edited by dragonboy