blackmouth0

Astello Radiance

Won't be better than esw10 and ed8 :grin:

If it does, I'll give up my home rig COMPLETELY. :grin:

Edited by ical

Due to the reviews here and also after auditioning at Stereo CWP, eventually got a set of the Astello Radiance!

I would say it's of better clarity and detail than the JBL 220. Also share the comment that it also sounds like u are putting on a pair of semi open headphones. Bass is so so but I appreciate the better definition overall.

However, one gripe I have is that isolation is poor. Tried the tips it came with, the tips I used on my JBL 220 and even bought a pair of comply but the isolation cannot mtach my previous experience on my JBL 220. Maybe it's the design....

Can anyone offer any advice how to address this? Will it work with Shure olives and will it be better? Hope to get some advise please. Else, it's not so ideal for using on MRTs or trains. thanks.

Edited by ivaninc

It looks like a canal earphone like creative ep630 type but it does not provide any isolation. It is for those who want to hear their surroundings. For what? For using in office while get some entertainment, for those who afraid that to be knockout by cars when they cross the road and etc. But personally, i think it is something like why people choose open cans then closed cans - the sound. And that is also why the bass does not seemed to be that strong compared to earphone with isolation.

Due to the reviews here and also after auditioning at Stereo CWP, eventually got a set of the Astello Radiance!

I would say it's of better clarity and detail than the JBL 220. Also share the comment that it also sounds like u are putting on a pair of semi open headphones. Bass is so so but I appreciate the better definition overall.

However, one gripe I have is that isolation is poor. Tried the tips it came with, the tips I used on my JBL 220 and even bought a pair of comply but the isolation cannot mtach my previous experience on my JBL 220. Maybe it's the design....

Can anyone offer any advice how to address this? Will it work with Shure olives and will it be better? Hope to get some advise please. Else, it's not so ideal for using on MRTs or trains. thanks.

Hey, congrate on your purchase! I do agree with your review on it. Shure Oilves will not be a good choice to use together with it, as the nozzle is too small to squeeze them in. What i recommend is comply t500, not bad isolation!

Thanks!! I did not know that Comply has different models. Did not want to buy a set at Stereo as not sure how good it'd work. Also good to know that the Shure Olives won't work so won't waste my money.

Next time will go check it out. And maybe per Exloser, I should also learn to appreciate the sound as it is. :)

so this is finally out. i rmb when i went to collect my customs abt 1.5months ago, Aron let me tried it and ask me how much i would pay for this.

whao at $59 bucks it was lesser den what i told him i would pay for it. :D

need to drop by stereo when i'm free. been very busy lately... :bash:

Edited by hellfire112

IMHO....Housing made of Aluminum per the specs and it's light. Housing seems steady and dun see it breaking easily. Cable is cloth material and microphonics is minimal if any at all. Much better than the JBL which also has cloth cable. Sound vent (if thats what u call it) is covered by metal grill so another plus. I think overall, built is good for the price.

Not much accessories, 3 pairs of tips, large, med and small. tats all. Comes with a shirt clip.

Design is plain. Black with gold so won't go wrong.

Sound is good as mentioned though isolation will not be as good. Maybe playing around with the right tips will give you better experience in this area as shared by the senior members here. Best to audition for urself and see how good it is. But for the price, I feel it's really worth it. :)

yup, i like the housing, making of aluminum housing it a good choice, i guess is making it durable? Not much of microphonics is heard so far. But one thing is, the housing seem very big! bigger then the usual earphones.

There is almost no isolation at all on these.. a real shame, cos the sound could be really good with some nice isolation. No, changing the tips don't help - its the design of the earphone nozzles

Hey...the designed is flawed but I found that if u push ur tips all the way in, it'll work much better. Just like how the pics of the comply is being fitted on this thread. It's not perfect but it'll be better than if u just fit the tips only at the end of the Nozzel. Try it if you own a pair!

Hey Aron

How about making a version of the Astello Radiance with a mic for the iPhone? That would be very convenient for iPhone users. :)

Good idea. :yes:

There is almost no isolation at all on these.. a real shame, cos the sound could be really good with some nice isolation. No, changing the tips don't help - its the design of the earphone nozzles

The radiance+ is designed like an open-back headphone, it was one of the method to achieve good quality sound with less $$$.