blackmouth0

Astello Radiance

Just got this a few days ago from the new store @ Plaza Singapore. Must said I am impressed, even before any burn-in. I'll be doing a review on this over at Head-Fi on the upcoming week once I put 100hrs or so on it.

Just got this a few days ago from the new store @ Plaza Singapore. Must said I am impressed, even before any burn-in. I'll be doing a review on this over at Head-Fi on the upcoming week once I put 100hrs or so on it.

Did you use the stock tips or the Shure tips I gave you when you made the purchase?

got this 2 weeks ago, sounds good, the sound keeps changing hahaha. but the part with the "L" and "R" markings have split open :no: (the R side), how?? :helpsmilie:

Edited by topthisoff

Did you use the stock tips or the Shure tips I gave you when you made the purchase?

I was switching b/w the two. Shure is more controlled, smooth, better separation and isolation (slightly) while the stock is more energetic, detail and airy. For my own preference, I think I prefer the stock just a little over the Shure.

Still burning in as I write, so I haven't made up my mind which to stick with :cans:

Bi-flanges give a less in-you-face sound with a little better soundstage and separation, but at the cost of tiny amount of bass.

Guest dragonboy

you had tried the double flanges alr? how is it?

Never try ... just asking only.

hmmmm, why not consider making a headphone instead? i am sure if astello radiance this kind of sound signature made into a headphone will be a great hit!

Got my set last week, so far burned in for only around 70+ hours. As per the usual complain, the isolation is quite bad which imho defeated the purpose of having an IEM for outdoor/ on the move usage.

The soundstage is wide (without the usual in your head feel), with good detail and separation, but it's a tad bright and could be mildly fatiguing (your mileage might differ). The bass tighten up a bit after burning. Initially it was quite loose and irritating. Its forte is in instrumental and classical music. Vocal performance is slightly above average. For pop and rock music, the earphone does not have the snap.

Got the comply T400 (as recommended by Stereo at PS) today. While the isolation improved, the soundstage got much narrower., and I felt some detail and separation were lost. The bass got heavier, but feels abit muddied.

All this is expected with the improved isolation i guess. It's a trade off. For outdoor usage I would prefer the T400, due to the ability to use a lower volume, but if I'm in a quiet environment I would prefer the original tip.

Overall for its price, the Astello is an above decent pair of earphones, but note that many of its strengths are lost when used outdoor on the move (which is my pet peeve).

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are my own, and your experience might differ due to our individual preferences. Cheers

Edited by kenshinz