Sign in to follow this  
mrhobbit

Starting from scratch, Home Rig

Asked Aaron a few days back, he believes I should start with around 1 thousand for a CDP first....

hmmmm, at the moment, I actually budgetted around $800 odd for a CDP..... Would actually buy the CDP first, go home and take a good listen with my cans, think about what is lacking, and then buy an amp.

I believe the CDP and amp will be bought around 2 months from each other. When I have sufficient time on the CDP to decide what i REALLY need.

While I understand Aaron's idea of "jump to not so newb" first to prevent more upgrade steps(and therefore more $$$) I am also asking myself is it justified since my portables will be the mainstay music fix...

Any ideas?

After poly, its gonna be NS...where usage will be SEVERELY limited :bash:

Asked Aaron a few days back, he believes I should start with around 1 thousand for a CDP first....

hmmmm, at the moment, I actually budgetted around $800 odd for a CDP..... Would actually buy the CDP first, go home and take a good listen with my cans, think about what is lacking, and then buy an amp.

I believe the CDP and amp will be bought around 2 months from each other. When I have sufficient time on the CDP to decide what i REALLY need.

While I understand Aaron's idea of "jump to not so newb" first to prevent more upgrade steps(and therefore more $$$) I am also asking myself is it justified since my portables will be the mainstay music fix...

Any ideas?

Can T-loan a battery pack from HQ to power your home rig inside your trench, just make sure you dig deeper to prevent unwanted interferences. :grin:

I think you better stick to portable. After book out. I doubt you'll want to stay at home to listen to music. During my NS days, I'll go to Zouk for music! :party: Why listen alone when I can share it all the nice babes there. :prettyprincess::prettyprincess:

Edited by ical

Who say I'm interested in the music? :beer: There's always more interesting stuffs than that. :drool::drool:

Edited by ical

Who say I'm interested in the music? :beer: There's always more interesting stuffs than that. :drool::drool:

I hear ya!!! :lust: Yeah yeah! :yeah: Listen to the man, boy!

Everybody do the dance :dance::dance: "Domo Arigato Mr Robato!" :dance::dance:

Edited by jig_sg

@op

Just put the money in savings and just push in the amount to that account from part of your NS pay. After 2 years you might be able to buy a Very good system already. It not only gives you a sense of enjoyment but also fulfillment as the rig was drawn from that long savings. =)

@cal and Jig

I can just imagine how "tired" you guys get after a day in NS and a night out. Lol! must be gulping redbull that time. lol! :whistle:

Edited by jojo_b2

Heh, anyone, ANYONE, who goes to club for the music is abit off his rocker if you ask me :))

hmmm, to be honest, very happy with my portable already. haha, unless anyone can suggest a closed can that is portable that performs better than an ES9(or HD25II)?

Hmmm, for now, I think I would really like a home Rig first, at least a foundation to build upon :P

*Or rather, my hands are REALLY itchy for something totally new... and after being poisoned by my school's headphone rig in the studio..*

But I always hear my friends saying that they like Zouk cos of it's music. :think: I'm more honest, go for both the music and scenery :drool: . :grin::grin:

To me, ESW10 way outperform ESW9. You might to look at the new Shure cans. For the ultimate portable cans, ED8 will be ideal.

Edited by ical

hahaha, tried the ES10... but not portable imo, the ES9 is not that portable already, doesnt isolate well, and the wooden cups make me REALLY hesitant to bring it out.

And yeah, ES10 outperforms the ES9 by quite abit, price being one of them!

portable=something I can dump in a bag without fearing it might break(HD25II excels in this department)

hahaha, tried the ES10... but not portable imo, the ES9 is not that portable already, doesnt isolate well, and the wooden cups make me REALLY hesitant to bring it out.

portable=something I can dump in a bag without fearing it might break(HD25II excels in this department)

if you consider ESW10 big, Shure and Ed8 even bigger.

if you consider ESW10 big, Shure and Ed8 even bigger.

Not to mention I wouldn't throw an ED8 in a BAG w/o wrapping it on a pouch then to a headphone case. Lol! :rclxub:

On a side note I use my ESW10 for my morning MRT commute. =)

Edited by jojo_b2

Get something sturdy and can be pack small. I thought the Koss PP or some in ear buds will be good. Of cos a sturdy case will be a plus

Don't have to worry about getting lost in army, if its damage or stolen also not so heart pain. You would probably be sleeping with music on your way to camp and sleeping with music from camp to home on the train or bus. A lot of practicality is required especially during army.

But I always hear my friends saying that they like Zouk cos of it's music.

they're spot on.

zouk has the island's best live sound, custom designed by the legend himself, Gary Stewart. he customed every cabinet, and tuned every crossover by ear. yep, on the spot solder & desoldering. lincoln cheng loves great sound to go with even better music.

their technics 1200mk5g decks were also zhnged with SME IV magnesium arms, carts used are specially customed by grado for DJ use. phono stages customed by Creek.

http://www.gsany.com/

another upcoming club called Stereolab at the Pan Pac will have ALL-TUBED amps driving the live PA. can't wait to hear it.

Edited by sghound

But I always hear my friends saying that they like Zouk cos of it's music. :think: I'm more honest, go for both the music and scenery :drool: . :grin::grin:

Scenery wor?

I'm just there to drool at the babes but then nowadays, gals are even more hotter and daring. :shifty::shocking::drool: ... :shifty::shocking::drool: ... :shifty::shocking::drool:

Unlike last time, as though they got gem to hide... :ppth:

Edited by jig_sg