Sign in to follow this  
Guest qrqrqr

Upgrade?

Guest qrqrqr

hi guys. im new in these forums.

i am currently using ipodnano>LOD>govibe martini>quattros/sq5

i have heard some pretty good reviews about cowon s9 sounding better than ipod+lod+amp.

so :b2t im wondering if i should get a better iem/headphone or change to cowon s9 and then iems later.

Budget: <400 .

thanks for your help

:dance::dance::dance:

Guest qrqrqr

actually im kind of leaning towards to getting the cowon s9. then sell martini +sq5 and get a mid range iem

but im open to all options ;D which iem/headphones should i get :D

Seem like you already have a list. :bash: Best to drop by Stereo and have a listen to all of them. This will give you a fast conclusion. Let us know how the audition turn out instead. :smoke:

Guest qrqrqr

hmm. i have some idea what do i want. like cowon s9 + atrios or um1/2(any1 pm or tell me the price of the iems? :D)

or i could use ipod>lod>martini>esw9/es7 ~

stuck between these 2 so im here for advice :)

Edited by qrqrqr

hmm. i have some idea what do i want. like cowon s9 + atrios or um1/2(any1 pm or tell me the price of the iems? :D)

or i could use ipod>lod>martini>esw9/es7 ~

stuck between these 2 so im here for advice :)

You want to go portable, s9 and iem. You want better sound, go esw9 way.

Only you have the answer

Guest qrqrqr

Hey. Thanks for the advices. Looks like i have to go over to stereo to try out the esw9. The martini should be able to drive the esw9 well right?

My martini is being repaired right now. i don't think stereo have the go-vibes right?

Hey. Thanks for the advices. Looks like i have to go over to stereo to try out the esw9. The martini should be able to drive the esw9 well right?

My martini is being repaired right now. i don't think stereo have the go-vibes right?

Go-Vibe is Wilson's personal brand.

Just a small note, I personally am using the ES9W now, have owned the ES7.

If you listen to faster genres, generally heavier stuff like metal, heavy rock n roll. MIGHT be better for you to go ES7(or the HD25IIs which are excellent imo) instead of the ES9.

ES9 seems to lose kick on my heavy tracks, while totally outclassing the ES7 on slower stuff :))

cowon s9 into um3x more befitting of comparisons with ipod amped with esw9..um1 and um2...not really in the same sq or price range. me thinks.

Edited by insomniax

Guest qrqrqr

cowon s9 into um3x more befitting of comparisons with ipod amped with esw9..um1 and um2...not really in the same sq or price range. me thinks.

i think the um3x is too expensive for me. Anyone is kind enough to give me a rough price of the um2 / um3x / esw9? :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

anyway i have pretty decided to get the cowon s9 :lol::lol:

There are quite a few good used UM3x on sale recently and the price should be near to a new UM2. Worth it as it is really a good match to a Cowon MP3 player such as D2 or S9.

Good luck in your search....

Or go for a Westone W3 if you are more into pop..... 2nd hand set should be quite affordable now!

Cheers!

Edited by Mark_Tan