Sign in to follow this  
Dio

Apple ipod

I am currently using the cowon D2 and want to change to a apple ipod. The problem is that most of my music is in flac format. What is the current version of the ipod and can I rockbox it to play flac? Any other recommendations?

Hi Dio,

If you do not wish to rockbox it, you can also convert all the FLAC files into Apple Lossless with dbPoweramp.

Converted all my FLAC (around 400 files) in quite fast speed!

Hi, there are a lot of other players around.

you can also try Zune HD (which is releasing soon)

In general IPod series (Current versions) can only be sync with ITunes 8 due to security implementations.

There are some apps that might be able to import or convert like FLUKE

http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=30466

You can heel Mark's advise... is good.

Hi Dio,

If you do not wish to rockbox it, you can also convert all the FLAC files into Apple Lossless with dbPoweramp.

I have a few thousand files that are flac and I dun want to use a apple format in case i decide to change back to cowon or iriver.

Which means none of the ipods can be modded :( sigh. The reason why I want to move to ipod is becos of the line-out

I have a few thousand files that are flac and I dun want to use a apple format in case i decide to change back to cowon or iriver.

Which means none of the ipods can be modded :( sigh. The reason why I want to move to ipod is becos of the line-out

O.o when apple converts... it creates a new file in Itunes folder...

So is like you have 2 same music files in different format...

Might as well can invest on a extra HDD lolz so can backup.

Regards

if you change back, converting your ALAC back to FLAC shouldn't take that long either...

if you change back, converting your ALAC back to FLAC shouldn't take that long either...

50+GB of flac will take a while...

means I have to look for a old ipod... not classic

yeah, quite a few ipod videos floating around, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Hi Dio,

yeap, it make use of duo core :)

Or get a refurbished set from Apple?

Actually, have seen quite a few quite well maintained set in some of the classifieds web while looking for my previous Imod. Some owners really took very good care of it and I believe you should be able to buy 1 set with good price.

If you are not rockboxing it, you can really consider converting all to apple lossless, then buy a brand new set of ipod classic 120GB version. That's provided if you do not intend to mod it in the future!

Cheers,

Mark

Changing from D2 to ipod? May be you are looking at imod otherwise there is no point in going this route. I used DB Poweramp before to convert around 100 FLAC files to ALAC. It was fast and the best thing was all tagging was retained.