Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Naim Mods

Firefox added the Elna Cerafine caps and the TKD volume pot (S$50 for the pot - ouch). You'll also notice the Cardas Rodium plated RCAs ;-) so now Barradio can swap interconnects to his heart's content (watch the wallet Barradio). I also have a pic of the happy tooper but I think Barradio wouldn't want it posted.

We had some Solen fast caps as well but in this application the Solens actually slowed the Naim down and sounded muffled. Goes to show that different designs react differently to the same componet change. Like we didn't know that huh?

Enjoy the pictures.

Naimtkd_cerafine.JPG

Hey those part are not mine u know. Ask Barradio.

Leng, for the life of me I don't know what milky sounding means. I have read the so called explanation and still am without a clue as to what when on when the Naim was described as milky sounding. Anyway add a dash a Kaluha and things will improve I'm sure. lol.gif

Leng, for the life of me I don't know what milky sounding means. I have read the so called explanation and still am without a clue as to what when on when the Naim was described as milky sounding. Anyway add a dash a Kaluha and things will improve I'm sure. lol.gif

OT: YGEM

Ok! Thanks Rameish, I'll ask Barradio.

Just that BNC sockets a very hard to come by and I need to replace a couple on my preamp wink.gif

As for milky sound somebody please describe this to me too! I'm too much in the dark these later years tongue.gif

Oh great looking job as usual guys thumbup1.gif , fill us in on the sonic improvements.

Mat, the original cable came with the naim is DIN male not the BNC's female sockets.

The amp is still in the bruning stage and the first listening impression after the mod no more "milky" sound. laugh.gif

Will post after 100hrs burn-in. tongue.gif

Actually I would prefer mine with a dash of Bailey and a scope of ice cream.

Sorry about the OT.

I beginning to get very familiar with that Mosaic table tongue.gif Great job, would prefer to read a write up of the before & after impressions.

N@Z,

What credibility would I or firefox have in a review? I rather have the owners post reviews as 1) They had the greatest amt of exposure to the equipment before any modification. 2) Will have the greatest amt of exposure to the quipment after the mods.

Needless to say my own mods will have a short write-up. I'm currently waiting for parts to op-amp roll the Rotel. As you can tell, it's already filled with Black Gates innocent.gif right lengcm?

N@Z,

What credibility would I or firefox have in a review? I rather have the owners post reviews as 1) They had the greatest amt of exposure to the equipment before any modification. 2) Will have the greatest amt of exposure to the quipment after the mods.

Needless to say my own mods will have a short write-up. I'm currently waiting for parts to op-amp roll the Rotel. As you can tell, it's already filled with Black Gates  innocent.gif  right lengcm?

Yah Yah... got your hingt! I know the 1.1 has no black gates...... alrite....

Seems like the modding is getting personal...

Anyway, hope to listen to Barradio new Naim one day... Wonder if it is milky sounding, with a dash or bailey or Kaluha biggrin.gif

Edited by lengcm

Whoa, hold on... I didn't say review, just impressions. After all, the mods carried out would have been pointless if it didn't yield any results other than just wanting to change the components for the sake of change. Having said that I'd appreciate any comments from Barradio should he decide to post any.