Sign in to follow this  
etnt

new portable headphones: Nuforce UF30

Got this new set of portable headphones from AudioIconic last fri.

External: Comes with a carrying case. Crossfolds like px100 but non-rotatable. Very light and low spring tension. Doesn't press hard against the ears or temple, easy for day long listening. However cable is short.

Soundwise: About 40hours into it. Doesn't really sound like closed phones, having a airy feel to them. Clean and clear with nice details without overpowering/boomy bass. Doesn't really need amping, can be driven easily from iphone 3gs. Having owned a PX100, I will take this over PX100 anyday since they are around the same pricepoint (Nuforce slightly more ex). Haven't heard the portapro, so cannot comment on that.

Those looking at portable headphones should give them a go. Though I haven't seen them anywhere else yet except at AudioIconic.

Got this new set of portable headphones from AudioIconic last fri.

External: Comes with a carrying case. Crossfolds like px100 but non-rotatable. Very light and low spring tension. Doesn't press hard against the ears or temple, easy for day long listening. However cable is short.

Soundwise: About 40hours into it. Doesn't really sound like closed phones, having a airy feel to them. Clean and clear with nice details without overpowering/boomy bass. Doesn't really need amping, can be driven easily from iphone 3gs. Having owned a PX100, I will take this over PX100 anyday since they are around the same pricepoint (Nuforce slightly more ex). Haven't heard the portapro, so cannot comment on that.

Those looking at portable headphones should give them a go. Though I haven't seen them anywhere else yet except at AudioIconic.

I got this in June and although it looks decent, it doesn't fit on my head very well. Actually if you haven't got it, I would suggest you try the portapro LE, with the nylon wires and sound quality, you might just change your mind. Note that koss portapro takes at least 200 hours to sound its best.