Sign in to follow this  
heady

y2 - group buy? Interest check.

If you're talking about stuff from farnell or mouser, don't think it's included in this group buy. It's only stuff from AMB i think (PCB and some other parts).

Heady, can confirm this one?

I did a group buy for stuff from mouser for Y1 parts for some of the guys here. It's very time consuming and quite a nightmare making sure everyone gets the correct amount of parts. Doubt I'll wanna do it again. Probably would only do it just to make up the amount to get free delivery from them though.

Sorry guys, just got back from an oversea trip. Internet in Australia not like in Singapore, sigh. Please give some time to catch up with my work.

@mouz:

Thanks for the Mouser BOM :)

Could you clarify two things?

- AD8656 is spec'd for headphone direct drive, but not available from Mouser. OPA2365 is for line driver.

- 649-68786-202LF shut connector is for JP2-[1-4]? AMB writes that that only needs to be populated if ASRC isn't used

Everything else checks out though, many thanks :rclxms:

No prob Blipp, btw, u're right about the AD8656 and the jumpers. Just noticed that AMB has just updated his site. Will update the BOM, cheers!

@mouz:

Thanks for the Mouser BOM :)

Could you clarify two things?

- AD8656 is spec'd for headphone direct drive, but not available from Mouser. OPA2365 is for line driver.

- 649-68786-202LF shut connector is for JP2-[1-4]? AMB writes that that only needs to be populated if ASRC isn't used

Everything else checks out though, many thanks :rclxms:

Some updates if anyone else is going to order soon, since I've ordered the first set of parts for the y2-only board.

Not everything in stock at Mouser, and the 3.3V regulator has a lead time of 20 weeks.

Output caps also have a long lead time, so switched those to Muse Bipolars for this order. The 2Kohm resistors aren't in stock either, so used the alternate from AMB's site; same for the front panel toggle switches.

In the end ordered the TPS79333DBVR and OPA2365 from Farnell instead, since they have it in stock there.

Edited by blippster

Haha, dont blame you lah. I'm still sitting on the fence on whether I should get another y1 PCB to prevent dismantling my current one. Moolah kinda tight too

My changes to the parts list:

Farnell

U2:1470478 - TPS79333DBVR (standard part)

U7:1363691 - OPA2365AID (standard part)

R5,R7,R12,R14: 9342788 - MF12 2K resistors (available from Mouser as well)

Mouser (all AMB-spec'd alternate parts)

SW2: 108-2US1T1765-EV - Ultra-Miniature Toggle Switches SPDT ON-ON VT RT ANG

SW1: 108-2US3T1767-EV - Ultra-Miniature Toggle Switches SPDT ON-OFF-ON VT RT

C11, C13: 647-UES1E220MEM - Nichicon 22uF 25V

Just realised I forgot to order the y2 case from Farnell. :blink: Thankfully its close enough to the $30 mark that won't need to order too much extra stuff to make up free delivery.

I am interested.

It does not do 24bit/96K as the USB converter is PCM2707.

I already have the voltage converters, USB chip, reset chips, OP-AMP

But could join in if there is a complete BOM available.

Looks like your wish has been granted -

Look for the complete BOM here:

http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma1/

http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma2/

Please note you need both y1 and y2 BOM to built a working y2.

Currently the list stands at 9 people. If it hits ten orders for the case there's about $4 saving a piece ($28.07 -> $24.06) from Farnell, but all must be of the same colour.

Should be able to hit 10 lah, I just roped in another guy to join the y2 grp buy. Now just wait for his response