Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Binaural Recordings in Singapore

I used to try to record sound binauraly with my MD, using earbuds as mic, it was fun. I just can't find a stereo mini mic in Singapore with the left and right chanle can be separated far, any idea?

heh. thats interesting. biggrin.gif so you just leave the earbuds in your ear and plug them into the mic input instead of the headphone output?

how's the sensitivity of the earbuds used as mics? its actually pretty cool since they're effectively mics placed exactly the right distance apart since they're actually in your ears! doesn't get more accurate than that! biggrin.gif

the sensitivity of earbuds as mics are pretty low. I tried it and you have to literally talk into the buds to hear it at normal volumes. well unless you use battery powered mics?

Ear bud face out, MD's mic sensitive tune to high, for fun only, can record talk up to one metre with mx500, the volumn is quite low though. kicking.gif

Not related to the thread but useful: http://www.binaural.com/ maybe you can find some of the discs listed over at Gramaphone, HMV or Tower?

hey ablaze, can get me a copy also, thanx.

btw, i got an idea .using 2 mic and record it on 2 different machine in mono format then combine them using some sound editing program to make it into stereo.and the professional use dummy head to place the mic inside the ear as well, so measure the size of your head and place the mic accodingly.

don't forget the ear lobes abd everything, they are important in recording as well, because they reflect sound and make you hear differently. So, no matter how, a dummy head still works better.