Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Binaural Recordings in Singapore

If I am not mistaken, Pearl Jam's - Binaural CD is supposed to be recorded in Binaural but I can't verify that even when listening to it. This has been discussed in Head-Fi: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/search.php?...tby=&sortorder= so you might find some recordings that will be available in SG. I have a small collection of short binaural recordings on mp3 if you'd like but mostly not of music.

heh, my favourite binaural CD is Stephen King's audio book, recorded in binaural - "The Mist"

freaky.

want a copy of that Rameish? biggrin.gif

Ablaze,

Sure thing man - the strange thing is I have never ever listened to Binaural recordings and was thinking abt ordering some from them.

N@Z, until I listen to a binaural rec. i guess the best way to tell if it's a binaural is it should sound a little duller (less bright) and the soundstage/headstage is natual and not from left shoulder to right shoulder (I could be wrong on this though). Gaps in my edukasion.

Rameish, I'll pass you a copy when I pass you the tangent stuff. (do remind me)

binaural recordings are way cool thumbup1.gif turn off all the lights, and listen to the Mist. its freaky as hell. Its less akin to watching a movie as it is to being IN the movie. good stuff. everyone in headphones should check out binaural recordings at least once.

about binaural CDs, I'm guessing borders/HMV would have a couple at least.

Yeah I though so too until you ask them and they give you this funny look LOL. So it would help to know the titles I guess.

Oh and thanks.

Edited by Rameish

Binaural sound is quite cool but on normal music it's not so effective. Recordings with a lot of effects sound more impressive & is exactly as you & ablaze describe. Sounds more natural, panning sounds more fluent from channel to channel or rather there is less channel to channel 'feeling'.

I used to try to record sound binauraly with my MD, using earbuds as mic, it was fun. I just can't find a stereo mini mic in Singapore with the left and right chanle can be separated far, any idea?

Ablaze lend me your CD3k and some binaural recordings to test. The low quality demos don't work too good for my EX70. Still a lot in my head. Need some nice cans like CD3k. ahh yah, suggestion for next sgh meet. bring your binaural recording, blaze.

Ablaze lend me your CD3k and some binaural recordings to test. The low quality demos don't work too good for my EX70. Still a lot in my head. Need some nice cans like CD3k. ahh yah, suggestion for next sgh meet. bring your binaural recording, blaze.

blaze.. one more victim here.. shall we poison him with the Sony CD3000? haha.gif