Sign in to follow this  
badbad2000

Looking for Helping Hands Proskit for soldering

You can get both at Sim Lim Tower. Some shops are open on sunday but not many.

For wire stripper, buying an expensive ie. better, branded one is more worth it. The China made cheap type is just waste of money. So better to go down to Sim Lim on weekday evening and get from the more pro shop.

You can get both at Sim Lim Tower. Some shops are open on sunday but not many.

For wire stripper, buying an expensive ie. better, branded one is more worth it. The China made cheap type is just waste of money. So better to go down to Sim Lim on weekday evening and get from the more pro shop.

Thanks for the info!

Hi,

I already have Soldering iron stand and soldering gun.

Anyone know where can I buy Helping Hands Proskit and wire striper?

Is the shop open on Sunday?

Which is a good one? I am using something like this from Koba.

IPB Image

Regards

CK

Which is a good one? I am using something like this from Koba.

IPB Image

Regards

CK

Hi CK,

Long time no see. Perhaps I am unfair to say made in China is no good. There are quality staff from China too. What I meant are those really cheap ones which are not sharp and don't cut the insulation cleanly at all. The one in the picture looks good. Made in China?

BTW, badbad2000, Koba is closed on Sundays but opens till late on weekdays, 9pm, if I am not wrong. It is at level 3 Peoples Park Complex. Good place, friendly people.

Edited by heady

Hi CK,

Long time no see. Perhaps I am unfair to say made in China is no good. There are quality staff from China too. What I meant are those really cheap ones which are not sharp and don't cut the insulation cleanly at all. The one in the picture looks good. Made in China?

BTW, badbad2000, Koba is closed on Sundays but opens till late on weekdays, 9pm, if I am not wrong. It is at level 3 Peoples Park Complex. Good place, friendly people.

I don't know, it's not stated on the stripper and I've thrown away the box. :P Cost $16 from Koba, so far so good and it can strip 22-24 AWG wires nicely. Never had success with a normal wire cutter for these sizes. Never had success with the cheapo "automatic" ones too.

Regards

CK

Thanks CK, $16 is not cheap. It isn't one of those cheapo types which just chews up wires. Mine looks similar but not identical. Can't remember how much it cost.

Guest jacj6049

for wire stripper,look for lobster brand,made in japan,helpin hand SLTbasement shop got sell them,$10 ~ $12

I bought the cheap one. enough to do the job. Thanks to youtube too, I managed to mod my Denon from SE to Balanced. :)

How the difefrence of the SE to balance on you amp. :drool:

Waah I still have no Balanced Cans. :cry:

I don't know, it's not stated on the stripper and I've thrown away the box. :P Cost $16 from Koba, so far so good and it can strip 22-24 AWG wires nicely. Never had success with a normal wire cutter for these sizes. Never had success with the cheapo "automatic" ones too.

Regards

CK

Now I need a better pair of helping hands. The $8 one from a shop in SLS (1st floor, on the outside sellin Fluke, Antex, etc) I have is a little flimsy. Panavise Jr is nice, but it's $60 here from Farnell.

Regards

CK