Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

Tube amplifiers

The Divertech (Antique Sound Lab) website is back up again. Lots of headphone amps there (trans/tube/per+headphone amp)

Here's also the affordable ASL Wave tube mono block amps Tenson was looking for. Sorry had to hijack this thread but I couldn't remember the original thread.

surprisngly I quite like the x-can V2 with mullard tubes for the cd3k.

Not the most detailed amp but the combo is very nice, a little warm, smooth and relaxing. Hm probably that'll be something that I can consider in the future

If so, look at ddriveman's ad on the classified. Pretty good pricing for X-cansV2+PSU and Siemens tubes.

If so, look at ddriveman's ad on the classified. Pretty good pricing for X-cansV2+PSU and Siemens tubes.

In addition you may want to change some of the caps which igves the sound more air and more detail. Check out Pinkfloyd for more information.

Blues, any idea what the Singlepower MPX3 tube amp looks like? Been trying to pull some info about it on head-fi but getting nothing on what this amp is supposed to look like let alone any specific specifications.

yeah... I kept hearing about mpx3.. I have no idea how they sound or even look sleep.gif

http://www.mothaudio.com/ Si2A3 headphone amp yummie!

But with your stated budget, you can get the nitelite only!

Not a very good photo but this is what the Singlepower MPX3 tube headphone amp looks like.

mpx3_hf.jpg

What is that on the tubes?

Wonder how much it costs.

looks like something to dissipate the heat from the tubes...prolly to prolong its lifespan?..

or just something to protect the tubes i suppose...

looks like something to dissipate the heat from the tubes...prolly to prolong its lifespan?..

or just something to protect the tubes i suppose...

Some damping to reduce microphonics.