Sign in to follow this  
tzeminn

Which is more exciting, Sony MDR-NC500D or PFR-V1?

Dear bros and sisters,

My Sony MDR CD3000 headphones conked out on me. Sent for repair. Sony told me they don't supply parts for this headphones anymore! They offer me a rebate on any pair of Sony headphones available in Sonystyle Singapore.

So please advise. I am open to any pair of headphones. Listen mostly to rock but enjoy all types of music. Also play games. Audiophile quality is preferred.

What Sony headphones would you all recommend? I was offered the MDR NC500D. I'm also curious about the PFR V1.

Any suggestions? Appreciate any feedback. I am not aware of advancements in headphone technology. I buy once every 6 years.

Edited by tzeminn

Sad to say none of the present Sony headphones are audiophile quality and hardly close to your MDR CD3000. I do hope one day they'll come out a flagship or reissue of their legend.

My Sony MDR CD3000 headphones conked out on me. Sent for repair. Sony told me they don't supply parts for this headphones anymore! They offer me a rebate on any pair of Sony headphones available in Sonystyle Singapore.

@ dora-motor

Obviously you're not reading. :bash:

Edited by ical

It's made by Sony Music (Made in Japan) for professional usage. Production has stop for some time but still can find them in Japan and Ebay.

Edited by ical

It's made by Sony Music (Made in Japan) for professional usage. Production has stop for some time but still can find them in Japan and Ebay.

Thank you all for your feedback. Its frustrating because I did love using my CD3000 for listening to movies at night. Simply awesome. Really shocked when Sony staff told me they cannot source for headphone drivers anymore. Existing Sony headphones don't seem to be quite as good or quite as problematic :-)

I'll have to work something out with Sony.

Any more recommendations?

Cheers.

Dear friends,

My choice boils down to Sony MDR-NC500D or PFR-V1 cans. Which is the more exciting choice?

I noticed not too many folks here are big on noise cancelling cans. Is it because they sound too artificial? Mixed reviews on the PFR-V1.

I'll be using these cans mostly for gaming, home theatre and occasional dedicated listening.

Thanks for any input. Got to decide soon.

hmm... perhaps u may visit Sony outlet or Stereo to try up both to see which one you prefer...

but seems like u are more intereted on PFR-V1 !

get sony r10 or qualias 10 hehehe :D

pls forgive my friend. in his eyes, he only see deadstock or super hi-end stuff!! :sweat: