Sign in to follow this  
heady

Group Buy - Gamma 2 (inc Gamma1)

Ok guys,

Step up to put your name in for the group buy if interested. We will just purchase the pcb and related parts from Amb's shop.

Gamma1 set

1. γ1 modular miniature DAC printed circuit board set and accessories - 1 set - $12

2. 12.000MHz 20pF crystal HC49USX low profile - 1pc - $0.50

3. Wima MKS2 1µF 63V MKS film capacitor - 3pcs - $2.70

4.JW Miller 79F470K 47µH miniature inductor - 1pc - $0.30

5. Bourns 4606X-101-473LF 47KΩx5 resistor network, bussed (SIP-6) - 2pcs - $0.40

6. Bourns 4608X-102-680LF 68Ωx4 resistor network, isolated (SIP-8) - 1pc - $0.25

7. DC power jack, 1.3mm center pin, PCB-mount, CUI PJ-053DH -1pc - $0.70

8. 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack, isolated, PCB-mount, CUI SJ1-3533NG - 1pc - $0.60

9. RCA jack, PCB-mount (same as CUI RCJ-041 but with gold-plated contacts) - 1pc - $1.25

10. 3P and 5P single row pin receptacle set, 0.1" pitch (Sullins PPPC or equivalent) - 1pc - $0.75

11. TI/Burr-Brown PCM2707PJT USB DAC (TQFP-32) - 1pc - $7.30

12. Texas Instruments TPS2115APW power multiplexer (TSSOP-8) - 1pc - $1.90

13. Wolfson WM8501GED/V 24b/192K high performance DAC (SOIC-14) - 1pc - $2.50

Total cost is US$31.15

Gamma2 set

1. γ2 compact high performance DAC printed circuit board and accessories - 1 set - $15.00

2. Wima MKS2 1µF 63V MKS film capacitor - 2pcs - $1.80

3. Bourns 4608X-102-680LF 68Ωx4 resistor network, isolated (SIP-8) - 2pc - $0.50

4. 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack, isolated, PCB-mount, CUI SJ1-3533NG - 1pc - $0.60

5. RCA jack, PCB-mount (same as CUI RCJ-041 but with gold-plated contacts) - 2pc - $2.50

6. 3P and 5P single row pin receptacle set, 0.1" pitch (Sullins PPPC or equivalent) - 1pc - $0.75

Total cost is US$21.15

Both y1 and y2 = US$54.85

Please note group buy at this stage only for items from AMB's Audio shop. If there are interests for purchase from Mouser/Digikey for the other components, we can include if enough support. I will update this page with any other news from time to time.

Please show your involvement by posting here and whether you want to purchase the Gamma1 set or Gamma2 set. Prices shown are in USD.

Close of group buy will be midnight 6 October 2009. There is no minimum number of orders, cost of shipping to be shared equally amongst participants.

heady

Name of Participant -- y1 / y2

--------------------------------------

heady --------------- 1 / 1 - PAID COLLECTED

mouz -----------------1 / 1 - PAID COLLECTED

stephen_chung -------- 1 / 1 - PAID COLLECTED

blipster -------------- 0 / 1 - PAID COLLECTED

gene83 -------------- 0 / 1 - (Confirmed participation)

CCBong ------------ 1 / 1 - PAID COLLECTED

direcow ------------- 1 / 1 - PAID COLLECTED

doubletaps -------- 1 / 1 - PAID

jtjy -------------------- 1/1 - PAID COLLECTED

adn6244 -------------- 1/1 - PAID COLLECTED

ckng ------------------ 1/1 - PAID COLLECTED

Payment will be approximated at end of group buy and need to be transferred to my account before the order is placed with AMB. Shipping costs will be calculated transparently and collected when you collect the order.

-- 7 Oct 2009 --

Group buy is now closed. Will be contacting each of you individually to provide information on amount and account info. Payment will be for all items ordered. Shipping chargeable when collecting the items from me. To facilitate ordering, I hope to do the order by Monday 12 Oct.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

--10 Oct 2009 --

From internet exchange info, I found 1 USD = 1.39287 SGD (XE.com)

and so,

y1 is 31.15 USD = 43.3880 SGD, rounded to S$43.40

y2 is 21.15 USD = 29.4669 SGD, rounded to S$29.50

So, if you ordered both y1 and y2, the cost will be $72.90.

If you ordered only y2, the cost is S$29.50

I have pm all participants the account info today. Please try to pay me the full amount as soon as possible. I will announce the exact exchange rate charged by credit card company once I get the statement. If the exchange rate used here is out, I will work out the difference on the shipping.

-- 11 Oct 2009 --

o Still waiting for more participants to transfer fund.

o Working on list of parts to order from Farnell - will offer group buy for those building with standard parts.

o Free delivery and cheaper from RS Components, no need group buy.

o Wolfson DAC chip can buy from Mouser SG, will see if need group buy after secure PCB from Amb.

-- 15 Oct 2009 --

Changed some pariticpants' info.

-- 19 Oct 2009 ---

Update here

-- 26 Oct 2009 --

Update here

-- 5 Nov 2009 --

Update here

Edited by heady

Any chance of ordering the chassis + front/back panels as well?

Regards

CK

Can I have one set of Gamma 1 and Gamma 2. :)

Interested in panels also if you are including those.

Also interested in ordering the other components from Mouser/Digikey.

Hi heady,

I know this is not a discussion thread. But this has aroused my interest. How much would the parts cost from AMB and digikey for a Y1 and Y2 build?

i will ask my friend if he can help me build one. I really have no idea on this. =(

Hi heady,

I know this is not a discussion thread. But this has aroused my interest. How much would the parts cost from AMB and digikey for a Y1 and Y2 build?

i will ask my friend if he can help me build one. I really have no idea on this. =(

Hi Jojo, Heady's pretty strict about discussions in sales thread. You might wanna ask questions here. :)

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=10166

Any chance of ordering the chassis + front/back panels as well?

Regards

CK

Hi CK,

Mouz has offered to help get the acrylic panels from our usual source. How much will depend on number of people involved. From past experience, it is about S$20 per set of front and back panels.

Regards

All,

For order of the panels, we will start another group buy later.

For any orders of components from Digikey or Mouser. It is quite difficult to organise this as some people will prefer some components over others. What I will do will be to place what I will order for myself, in another group buy and if you want exactly the same set of components, you can participate. How's that? Otherwise, my head will spin at the possible combinations.

Regards