Sign in to follow this  
heady

Group Buy - Gamma 2 (inc Gamma1)

All,

For order of the panels, we will start another group buy later.

For any orders of components from Digikey or Mouser. It is quite difficult to organise this as some people will prefer some components over others. What I will do will be to place what I will order for myself, in another group buy and if you want exactly the same set of components, you can participate. How's that? Otherwise, my head will spin at the possible combinations.

Regards

Sounds good to me.

Please add me for y1/y2 each 1 set.

Hi CK,

Mouz has offered to help get the acrylic panels from our usual source. How much will depend on number of people involved. From past experience, it is about S$20 per set of front and back panels.

Regards

Sounds good to me. Anyway, any idea how much is a full build of y2 (including cost of y1)? I calculated the cost of the 2 above and it comes up to $33.70 + $21.15 = $54.85. You might want to update your post to include this information for the convenience of the other users. :)

Meanwhile, put me up for both the y1 and y2 (though I don't know when I'll get down to building them). Thanks.

Regards

CK

Group buy for the boards is now closed. Might be possible to get lower shipping cost as I am going to USA next week and trying to finish this order so Amb can deliver to the place I will be going.

Been very busy, please forgive my lack of attention.

Group buy for the boards is now closed. Might be possible to get lower shipping cost as I am going to USA next week and trying to finish this order so Amb can deliver to the place I will be going.

Been very busy, please forgive my lack of attention.

That'd be very cool. :)

Regards

CK

Hi all,

The PMs regarding payment has been sent out. I have also updated the first post with the calculations for the payment.

I hope to get all the payments by Monday, so I can get the order in, on time for my US trip.

Thanks.

Edited by heady

Some notes on other components group buy for this project:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?act=...3&t=10293&st=0#

Please remember to transfer funds by tomorrow night, 9am. AMB has informed me he can send the parts to USA address and the charge is only US$5.70 only. So I think we got good savings here if we can get the whole order ready soon.

I am also working on a digikey order for parts not available from Farnell. Will also ship to US address to save shipping. Hope to get this done and posted on forum by tomorrow night.

**EDIT**

http://sg.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Wolfson...aERgRAc2g%3d%3d

The only part which Farnell doesn't stock, is the Wolfson DAC which only Mouser stocks. And Mouser can order from SG, each DAC is S$20.96.

Edited by heady

heady,

my apologies for the delay. please let me know if you have added my order in. I just saw/replued your pm today.

thanks.

*** UPDATE 19 Oct 2009 ***

Ordered the parts from AMB on Friday and waiting for my payment to go through before Amb will ship. This will be a few days. Sorry for the silence over the weekend. I am staying with a friend in US and he has no internet at home. And I have no modem on my netbook. Siong, no internet.

The parts will arrive here at the address in US before I return. So, all you guys should be able to get the parts by first week in Nov.

BTW - all those whose name are in the participants' list in the first post are in, ie. the order included your y1/y2 parts. And also a couple of special orders from Amb for some others.

Edited by heady

***UPDATE - 26 Oct 2009***

Received the package from AMB. Now to return to Singapore from the States. You guys should expect PM from me before next weekend, ie. 7 Nov, for collection of your stuff.

Sorry, overwhelmed by jetlag and work. Will try to pack everything tonight and then PM you guys.