Sign in to follow this  
Darkkopi

Can Slam 2009 pictures & impressions

Yeah :party: I was quite surprise my rig can power HD800 and Stakyfied DT880 :cans: Best thing is hd800 sound so much better on my cheapo rig than the at Sennheiser Hd800 event rig :thumbup: Makes me wonder what is those hype on other forum on Leman Blackcube :bash: Still prefer Grado sound :P PS1 :drool:

btw, i quite like Sky Audio Steve setup. Not sure if it is the amp or the tube cdp that make it sound very musical and enjoyable :thumbup:

Edited by theory_87

Fell in love with the CDP from Sky Audio. :lust:

I'm fearing for your wallet :innocent: Someone else here may spread the poison about astintrew cdp poison across the board :helpsmilie::whistle:

Had a really great time! Amazing to be able to try out so many outstanding rigs and cans in one day. Thanks to all who made this event so great! :thumbup:

Some impresions:

EAR HP4:

One of the most impressive amps there, really brought out the music no matter what headphone I tried. I didn't bother listening critically but just enjoyed whatever was playing, even if it were hard rock. Could survive a 4-way gangbang with HD800, K240 Sextett, AD2000 and PS-1000 with oodles of power left to spare.

Orpheus CDP:

Fantastic pairing with HP4, they are so liquid and detailed together.

Electrostats with Blue Hawaii:

Only heard them for 5 mins when a rock CD was being played, not exactly my favourite genre. Still, they promptly squashed my notion that electrostats have no bass. Imaging and detail are fantastic. HE-60 was a bit too bright for me, Omega was a little uncomfortable, Jade was perfect for me.

Darkvoice 337:

Fantastic pairing with AD2000. Fast, punchy and lush. 2nd favourite amp with my AD2000 after the HP4.

RWA Isabellina:

Creamy smooth and lush, although treble was not as extended as expected. Would make a great bedside rig playing jazz.

HD800:

Favourite so far was the one with Oyaide connectors, forgot what cable it was. Mundorf and Black Dragon were a little too warm for me, APS recabled with Furutech rhodiums was a great 2nd place. Shockingly good imaging and soundstage.

Headroom Balanced Desktop:

Great sound in a tiny package. I want one in my office now.

AstinTrew CDP:

Very nice lush sound. Digital output to my Stello DA100 reminded me that I need to get a proper full-sized CDP soon instead of relying on a PCDP.

I'm still banging my head at the missed chance to try the CEC belt-driven CDP and the Naim set. The queue was just too long for those for a good reason I guess.

This is a great shot.... :D

IPB Image

Some impresions:

EAR HP4:

One of the most impressive amps there, really brought out the music no matter what headphone I tried. I didn't bother listening critically but just enjoyed whatever was playing, even if it were hard rock. Could survive a 4-way gangbang with HD800, K240 Sextett, AD2000 and PS-1000 with oodles of power left to spare.

Orpheus CDP:

Fantastic pairing with HP4, they are so liquid and detailed together.

Electrostats with Blue Hawaii:

Only heard them for 5 mins when a rock CD was being played, not exactly my favourite genre. Still, they promptly squashed my notion that electrostats have no bass. Imaging and detail are fantastic. HE-60 was a bit too bright for me, Omega was a little uncomfortable, Jade was perfect for me.

Darkvoice 337:

Fantastic pairing with AD2000. Fast, punchy and lush. 2nd favourite amp with my AD2000 after the HP4.

RWA Isabellina:

Creamy smooth and lush, although treble was not as extended as expected. Would make a great bedside rig playing jazz.

HD800:

Favourite so far was the one with Oyaide connectors, forgot what cable it was. Mundorf and Black Dragon were a little too warm for me, APS recabled with Furutech rhodiums was a great 2nd place. Shockingly good imaging and soundstage.

Headroom Balanced Desktop:

Great sound in a tiny package. I want one in my office now.

AstinTrew CDP:

Very nice lush sound. Digital output to my Stello DA100 reminded me that I need to get a proper full-sized CDP soon instead of relying on a PCDP.

I'm still banging my head at the missed chance to try the CEC belt-driven CDP and the Naim set. The queue was just too long for those for a good reason I guess.

That's one setup you can miss at the meet because you can always audition it at our PS outlet. ;)

Wow, excellent variety of photos! :rclxms:

Very delicious, and I'm not referring to the food!

Look forward to more reviews from the meet.

Thanks.

Kachui did took some pic of the food. :party:

Food pics...and look who was very happy with the food... :grin:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image