Sign in to follow this  
Darkkopi

Can Slam 2009 pictures & impressions

Was surprised by the amount of gear that turned up - most excellent! Though I only managed to try out a few, lazy to wait my turn. Spent most of the time talking and fooling around until no more time liao :grin:

Kudos to iCal, Kidult, Aron, Jojo (face model :P ) and whoever was involved.

Kudos to the photographers, who made sharing of the meet online so gloriously.

Kudos to all who managed to make time to come.

Though I dunno why I felt so tired at the end of it, it was well worth the time and effort, even though I was the last to finish packing up :P

If meets were like this, I would come every time.

By the look of how well this meet turned out, I think we'll need a bigger place for the next one.

Got to know new friends too :grin:

Edited by jig_sg

Got to know new friends too :grin:

x2

It was certainly fun to finally put faces to the various nicknames on this forum... :beer:

The pics by ALL the photographers are VERY impressive. Many thanks to you guys! You make the rigs look even more droolworthy than they are in real life! :drool:

iCal will certainly headhunt you guys if he ever needs a backup for an assignment... :))

one feedback though: nearing the end of the meet it starts to get really bloody noisy that I can't listen properly through those open cans.

Well, that's probably the period when people start getting restless as most have already auditioned what they wanted to.

Its better to come earlier when there are less people. I was there from 10am and was able to listen to some of the rigs with little "external" noise. Though I must admit, I may be one of the "noisy culprits"... sorry.

Nonetheless, I would recommend people to come in early though not all the rigs would be around but at least you can listen to those already there first to get impressions early. Further, you wouldn't need to queue, at least not for very long.

But bro, really got to hand it to you, you are thorough, saw you taking notes. I think that's a good practice since there are so many rigs, its hard to remember how each one sounded.

If for the next meet, we can find a place that has some partitioning or even rooms it would perhaps be better?

Food pics...and look who was very happy with the food... :grin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: very happy indeed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, thanks again to all organisers. Apologize that few of my equipment didn't show up, some went to a friend's place and some to marketplace.

The difference between RS1 and RS1i is bigger than I expected. Each will suit very different taste. Now I know what they meant by the detailed sound of Benchmark. I would expect the DAC to match well with DV337, as one has detail, the other has serious warmth to match with. Too bad no chance to verify during the meet.

oh yes, the pics are superb.

Yeah, thanks again to all organisers. Apologize that few of my equipment didn't show up, some went to a friend's place and some to marketplace.

The difference between RS1 and RS1i is bigger than I expected. Each will suit very different taste. Now I know what they meant by the detailed sound of Benchmark. I would expect the DAC to match well with DV337, as one has detail, the other has serious warmth to match with. Too bad no chance to verify during the meet.

oh yes, the pics are superb.

yes... I personally prefer RS1i with the flats... Like the lush sound and thick mid range. Forget to try MS pro thought...

Kachui: I kindof prefer THIS version!

IPB Image