Sign in to follow this  
jojo_b2

24 bit/384 Khz via USB anyone?

I just read this thread on a new DAC from another site. Spec and look wise, seems smashing. :drool:

http://www.antelopeaudio.com/en/zodiac_rubicon.html

The Only thing is the Price can really Kill on the highest model supporting 384Khz, gold relays and a remote. :sweat:

Btw, all of the models sport a headphone out that has configurable impendance up to 600 ohm. :shocking:

Edited by jojo_b2

Actually there is the Zodiac Gold. That's the one with the highest specs. =)

Quoted from Jude at headfi

Zodiac, tentatively priced at ~$1500.00.

Zodiac+, tentatively priced at ~$2500.00.

Zodiac Gold, tentatively priced at ~$3500.00.

in USD

:cry:

Edited by jojo_b2

A good DAC must go with good transport. The best DAC in the world with computer as source is not going to sound better than a mid-end cdp. :whistle:

Edited by ical

get it and review for us! :))

Waah I will stick to my dacmagic for the mean time. Lol! :sweat:

For that budget, I can get my CDP already. :think:

A good DAC must go with good transport. The best DAC in the world with computer as source is not going to sound better than a mid-end cdp. :whistle:

:yes:

Sound can't be measured based on specs. Just look at how bad the spec of LP with all that distortion, and yet it sound so heavenly. It makes me want to throw away my cdp. :cry:

I can arrange an LP audition at Coherence Audio, Amara Hotel for those non believer. :whistle:

Edited by ical

Sound can't be measured based on specs. Just look at how bad the spec of LP with all that distortion, and yet it sound so heavenly. It makes me want to throw away my cdp. :cry:

I can arrange an LP audition at Coherence Audio, Amara Hotel for those non believer. :whistle:

Please do inform me when the CDP is thrown away. :whistle: I will be half an hour early to make sure I catch it without problems. :smoke:

I just read this thread on a new DAC from another site. Spec and look wise, seems smashing. :drool:

http://www.antelopeaudio.com/en/zodiac_rubicon.html

The Only thing is the Price can really Kill on the highest model supporting 384Khz, gold relays and a remote. :sweat:

Btw, all of the models sport a headphone out that has configurable impendance up to 600 ohm. :shocking:

Wah! Swee! :lust:

Anyone in Singapore distributing this?

Don't see the Zodiac gold anywhere leh...

Please do inform me when the CDP is thrown away. :whistle: I will be half an hour early to make sure I catch it without problems. :smoke:

No problem. :whistle: But you've to wait till I get a LP system.

Edited by ical

LP's really a different sound all together..

check out

http://philoctetes.org/Past_Programs/Deep_...Quality_Matters

and watch the video, halfway they have a recording of chris whitney, done on tape, but mastered into 2 versions.. a SACD and an LP.. both played one after another.. and you have to listen for yourself.. as to what sound you really like..

i cant remmeber when they do that in the 2hr vid.. probably arnd the 35min mark onwards..

i've been constantly dragged towards the LP side but there's just too many of the stuff i listen to that is hard to find on LP that kinda halts me from doing the migration.. and eventually i'm still stuck on CD format

No problem. :whistle: But you've to wait till I get a LP system.

Dun worry Jojo, dun think you'll need to wait too long :whistle: