[J]-ohn

Maverick Audio DAC

Visiting Stereo at PS yesterday has been a fruitful one, got my hands on the their 10k Naim audio setup and I must say they sound really good with the Ultrasone ED8 and Grado RS1.

Interestingly the Maverick Audio DAC amp was hooked up for testing (burning in), it was paired with the RS1. Warm and smooth without losing too much details, that was my first impression... according to Aron, this can handle most headphones including Sennheiser HD800, Beyer DT880 or the AKG 701.

Now it is sitting on my office table as I'm typing this post, at a price tag below $300, its a steal.

interesting.

reminds me of 翔声's DAC-01解码器

hopefully there is some design different from 翔声 where headphone output does not go through tube, instead goes solid state. only pre-amp out goes through the tube

but if this DAC's headphone out goes through the 5670 tube to give you that warm and smooth sound.. then its a steal, i might get one for the fun of it

Edited by neutralzz

afaik the head-fi thread describes it as very similarly designed to the 翔声's DAC-01... and that the HP out goes thru the SS but not thru the tube.

The price and multiple functions sound interesting..

Would like to try with HD800 for its performance...How is the size?

And the 翔声's DAC-01 looks exactly the same, but who cares if you can't try and get it easily in Sg..

Just got my grubby hands on 1.

Drives the HD800 and HD600 better than, dare I say it, my friend's Isabellina HPA.

This should be THE must have for a starving student enjoying his/her music with a computer source... :)

Drives the HD800 and HD600 better than, dare I say it, my friend's Isabellina HPA.

Now that interest me.....

You're welcome to try it at my place anytime bro. Or, I can even bring it to your place when I return your cables... :)

either way will do. I'll put my zero to probably get thrashed by the maverick.

Just got my grubby hands on 1.

This should be THE must have for a starving student enjoying his/her music with a computer source... :)

How many amps do you plan to collect. :thumbup: How is it compare to your other budget amp? Very interesting. Can consider to set it up as office rig. :think:

Edited by ical

How many amps do you plan to collect. :thumbup: How is it compare to your other budget amp? Very interesting. Can consider to set it up as office rig. :think:

aiyo, office can use mini combo ma :P

As Kidult says in another thread - at this price, no horse run.

I really enjoy this, bro. Perfect for the office methinks!

It's not the most refined DAC or headphone amp around, and there's background hiss when you turn up the volume WAY past your listening threshold, but highs, mids and bass are all there. It really suits the Senns IMO. But seeing as I'm a Grado fan, I enjoy my Grados through this too.

Cheap and good! Really.

One small thing to note - there seems to be a problem with the pre-amp out. A design flaw apparently. Seems like I'm the only joker to discover it - who the hell runs this through another headphone amp anyway!!! :innocent:

aiyo, office can use mini combo ma :P

Don't play play, already have a full Tivoli system. :smoke: Seem like my iPod and Porta Pro is good enough. :whistle: Enjoying it now. :party:

Edited by ical

Guest jacj6049

jus try it wit sr325,sound clean!!!!but weird!sound a bit cold,consider to get 1 also,if my wife allow me to buy ^_^