[J]-ohn

Maverick Audio DAC

yup woke my dt880 600 ohm and k 701 up like pumping steroids into them

it may not have the refinement or tubey favor of darkvoice 337 but the bass i will agree it is even better than of tubes amps i have auditioned ....

You said it. The bass out of Maverick on my cans has never ever been traced on my limited past amps. That explains why my jaws were on the carpet when I first heard the Maverick.

Edited by RickEC

jus to share with u guys :))

the maverick b4 burning in has really shrilling highs and very rough on edges :rclxub: almost kill me with my dt880 and Hd800 :sweat:

just did a some tweaking on maverick and change the fuse to silver/gold hifi fuse....

tamed down the hisssing sound considerably and more smoother

put some telos gold caps and now it sounds more fuller and less edging to hear :thumbup:

Hello, anyone has an update of the review of the maverick. wanted to get it next week. however, heard there are some hissing with the dac and problem with the pre out.

or maybe i should wait for the next batch.

You should probably go audit it personally to make sure you like the sound signature (may bring your cans and CDs), and to do any check you like.

Hello, anyone has an update of the review of the maverick. wanted to get it next week. however, heard there are some hissing with the dac and problem with the pre out.

or maybe i should wait for the next batch.

Heard from Aron previously that the problem is solved.

Seems like there will be a new model..

This time the HP out will be routed with the tube preamp?

I hope they fix the preamp out, because i'd like to give it a go with my A5s too.

Rachel of Grant Fidelity addressed the issue as follows - Note English isn't her first language

"I would like to contribute some facts on the various version of the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 and some discussion raised around it. Hopefully it will help confused readers to get closer to the truth rather than guessing:

1) Maverick Audio is based out of Shanghai, China and is run by an individual. Maverick DAC is designed and manufactured by Xiangsheng out of China.

2) Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 is also manufactured by Xiangsheng - we choose to distribute under Grant Fidelity brand as Xiangsheng is not a common English word for branding. Xiangsheng is following our quality control request in fulfill Grant Fidelity DAC orders.

3) Grant Fidelity and Xiangsheng has reached agreement to be the sole distributor of Xiangsheng DAC product in Canada and USA.

4) Maverick Audio has sold their existing stock DAC back to Xiangsheng and those stock will be re-printed for Grant Fidelity. Maverick Audio will no longer sell the DAC product to North America nor other international market after November.

5) Grant Fidelity's coming DAC shipment will have both silver and black faceplate for customers to choose from.

6) Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 MSRP US$390 is priced with consideration to allow audio retail stores to carry the product and allow consumers to 'touch, see and listen' to the product in-store before making a purchase

7) Before retail network is set up for the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09, it will be on special price of $300 including free shipping in Canada and continuous USA - this will benefit internet shoppers who do not request a must-have audition before making purchase

8.) Xiangsheng has confirmed to Grant Fidelity that Pacific Valve doesn't have any Xiangsheng DAC product in stock. Xiangsheng has never sold any DAC product to Pacific Valve and will not recognize Pacific Valve's sale as authorized resale so no manufacturer warranty will be provided.

9) Many eBay sellers (out of China or Hong Kong) list a product for sale but has no stock of the product at all. Be aware of low priced eBay listings out of China or Hong Kong. When they get a sale on eBay, they will purchase one on Chinese market to fulfill the order. This practice is against eBay policy but still prevail in Asia. If the seller cannot spot a unit upon receiving a buyer's money, there is high chance that a buyer will be left without delivery for a long time. Grant Fidelity recently received a customer's email about an eBay seller with 100% positive feedback scammed him $700 on a Grant Fidelity brand tube amp (retail for $1900) but never deliver and disappeared off eBay. Be cautious when purchasing from sellers in Asia - 100% feedback doesn't mean it's a safe transaction all the time.

Grant Fidelity will continue service Canadian and USA customers with high quality products along with top level service.

If you have further questions on the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09, please feel free to contact us through http://www.grantfidelity.com or call us at our toll free number. We will be more than happy to help you with any questions you may have related to our product.

Thank you.

Rachel - Grant Fidelity

I'm confused if the old XS OEM has been discontinued by Maverick and the new one is on pre-order till the 25th of nov..

Then it must be the older batch?

http://mavaudio.com/store/

However the new info via headfi I got was this -

IMHO Ryan's new DAC is even more a no brainer: You get the 5670 tube, swappable opamps, sleek design for the same price as or even cheaper than the Xiang Shen...

hmmmm...

looks like they pulled the DAC from xiangsheng's english site, on the chinese site there's an update in red that says

"翔声DAC-01同轴光纤USB胆输出解码器兼耳放新品上市网站直销价598元。运费根据地区不同实际收取。(淘宝客户请参照淘宝店价格)

本公司保留对本机器因为改进性能需要而进行的修改参数、修改线路、改变布局等的权利,并不再另行通知。但保证高于原设计指标和性能。" which i didnt notice when i inquired about the DAC01 from them last month, looks like they are updating the circuit etc.

the old OEM XS DAC is still available from XS direct as of two weeks ago, to save on shipping you can choose to mass order a few pieces if you like the sound. straight from factory, price quoted to me is 82 USD each.

I've emailed Maverick audio to inquire about the updates of their upcoming D1.

I've got this -

Difference between D1 and A2:

- D1 has a newly designed front panel.

- Direct button on front panel to disable volume control.

- Line-in socket on front panel accept analog input.

- OpAmp is in socket. Makes easier for user to switch OpAmp.

Don't mean to be a troll and stir up sh*t but if its the older XS OEM which is by maverick, which means there will be no more warranty by XS/Maverick themselves?

4) Maverick Audio has sold their existing stock DAC back to Xiangsheng and those stock will be re-printed for Grant Fidelity. Maverick Audio will no longer sell the DAC product to North America nor other international market after November.

Okay got more info -

Tube was only hooked to the pre-amp stage. Same for the new model.

However, the solid state head-amp has enough power to drive any headphones on the market, plus it sounds very good.

Sorry we will not be able to disclose the DAC chip model used in our DAC (to avoid other vendor to copy our design).

We believe properly designed circuit and the analog output stage is as important as DAC chip. Ultimately, the digital sound will go through the analog output stage, same chip might sound completely different go through different analog output stage. We have spent a great deal of effort to design the power stage, the analog output stage and etc, and we are very confident that our DAC sounds at least as good as some much expensive models.

Apparently Stereo carries the A2, I've got some prices for bulk order - I don't know if anyone is interested..price is quite attractive shipped.

Edited by weibchen

erm may i know when the new D1 will be available for auditioning?

Ryan said the first week of next month, so i'm guessing withing that vicinity?

Also is there are pre-order sale?