kchew

[CLOSED] MO: Whiplash Audio cables

This round of the MO is closed. If you are interested in any items, please see http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=10511

NEW ITEM 1: TWag silver cable for IEMS/customs

IPB Image

6-ft cryo'd stranded UP-OCC silver cable for Ultimate Ears, Westone, JH Audio and Livewire customs. Westone customs will use the UE cable as they are pin compatible. UE IEMs with detachable cables also acceptable. Terminated with Viablue 3.5mm plug. More flexible than SCSCag and supposedly better sounding too!

More details at:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f149/twag-st...re-whoa-458447/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/whiplash...e-jh13s-458462/

Price before bulk discount: USD275 (S$398.75 at USD1 = $1.45)

Item 2: SCSCag silver cable for IEMS/customs

IPB Image

6-ft 26awg cryo'd 6N silver solid core UP-OCC cable for Ultimate Ears, Westone, JH Audio and Livewire customs. Westone customs will use the UE cable as they are pin compatible. UE IEMs with detachable cables also acceptable. Terminated with Viablue 3.5mm plug.

More details at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f149/prototy...cts-etc-442942/

Price before bulk discount: USD175 (S$253.75 at USD1 = $1.45)

Item 3: TWcu copper cable for IEMs/customs

IPB Image

6-ft 24.5awg cryo'd 7N copper stranded UP-OCC cable for Ultimate Ears, Westone, JH Audio and Livewire customs. Westone customs will use the UE cable as they are pin compatible. UE IEMs with detachable cables also acceptable. Terminated with Viablue 3.5mm plug. Picture with Koss clip-ons for illustration only.

More details at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f149/prototy...cts-etc-442942/

Price before bulk discount: USD150 (S$217.50 at USD1 = $1.45)

Item 4: SCSCag silver LOD

IPB Image

24awg cryo'd 6N silver solid core UP-OCC LOD.

More details at:

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/ipod-a...iablue-lod.html

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f149/elite-s...nnector-431990/

Shootout between SCSCag LOD vs APS vs Qables Silvercab Pro:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/ipod-lod...-scscag-453373/

Price before bulk discount:

With Viablue 3.5mm plug: USD89 (S$129.05 at USD1 = $1.45)

With Switchcraft 3.5mm plug: USD79 (S$114.55 at USD1 = $1.45)

TWcu version also available!

With Viablue 3.5mm plug: USD79 (S$114.55 at USD1 = $1.45)

Item 5: SCSCag silver or TWcu 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnects

*** No pictures right now, sorry. ***

Same material as the LOD, but in 3.5mm to 3.5mm format. Terminated in Viablue 3.5mm plug.

Price before bulk discount:

SCSCag interconnect: USD80 (S$116at USD1 = $1.45)

TWcu interconnect: USD70 (S$101.50 at USD1 = $1.45)

Item 6: TWag stranded silver LOD and 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnects

*** No pictures right now, sorry. ***

Same cable as the TWag IEM cable but in LOD and interconnect form. Terminated in Viablue 3.5mm plug.

Price before bulk discount and during December special: USD100 (S$145 at USD1 = $1.45)

About Whiplash Audio

From their website:

Whiplash Audio provides a range of products and solutions to meet your audio needs. We're a boutique shop in Rochester, NY offering unique iPod and mp3 player accessories and application specific hand-built and tuned speakers.

We like to play with speakers and designs as much as you like to listen. From ultra-efficient, traditional designs to cutting edge multi-amped systems, we like to delve into new realms and push the boundaries.

Beyond the traditional audiophile stereo and home theater systems, we also recognize that you can't necessarily listen to that room filling sound while sitting at your desk, unless you're very, very lucky. To help make the desk duty tolerable, we offer desktop solutions that you won't believe, and that aren't made from molded plastic.

Our desktop solutions even extend to the cables.

Warranty

Whiplash Audio offer a 30 day to protect against product defects.

Deadline

To be confirmed by Duck-in-the-Box.

Payment, pricing and time of delivery

To be confirmed by Duck-in-the-Box.

What if I want something from the Whiplash Audio website that is not mentioned here?

Please check with Duck-in-the-Box.

How do I participate in this mass order?

PM Duck-in-the-Box, or indicate your interest in this thread

Current orders:

Join in now!

Previous orders in first round:

kchew: UE silver cable, silver LOD, silver IC

darkkopi: UE silver cable

direcow: UE silver cable

xxy (another forum): Livewires silver cable

muttonchop: UE silver cable

dennis28288: TWcu hook up wire

xXCloudXx (another forum): UE silver cable

jason (another forum): Livewires silver cable, Micro Elite silver LOD

jyle: UE silver cable

wsatia: Livewires copper cable

*** UPDATE 1 ***

Prices for 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnects now put up.

Craig also informed me that it would take about 3-5 days to make the cables once the order is received.

*** UPDATE 2 ***

I have received 10 orders already, so I will close this MO today, 16th November 2009 at 11.59pm. I might start a second round if there is enough demand.

*** UPDATE 3 ***

I will be extending the deadline to Wednesday 18th November as someone had withdrawn his order. More time for those sitting on the fence to consider.

*** UPDATE 4 ***

MO is closed for now. I'll be emailing Craig the orders and getting the price quotation and delivery date. Do keep checking your emails for announcements everyone!

*** UPDATE 5 ***

The cables have just been dispatched! It's all up to USPS now...

*** UPDATE 6 ***

Duck-in-the-Box is starting the second round, so show him your support!

*** UPDATE 7 ***

For those of you who ordered the SCSCag silver cable through me, please check your emails if you are considering upgrading to TWag stranded silver cable.

*** UPDATE 8 ***

First round reopened since I'm placing orders for the upgrade to TWag cable tonight! Package for first round is at Singpost HQ right now!

*** UPDATE 9 ***

Gentlemen, the first batch has arrived!

IPB Image

*** UPDATE 10 ***

TWag batch has arrived!!!

IPB Image

Edited by kchew

I am also interested in how the copper wires would sound, compared to the silver ones.

It would seem that from the wires, nothing less than overall improvement would be had, but I wanna see if the copper ones could add more bass quantity...? The LW3's IMO still need a little more bass.

kchew,

any idea how heavy the silver cables will be? seems like someone mentioned about the wires looking heavy in the thread mm. yeah using it for your ES3X right?

Some inputs i got from Craig.

"Let me start out by saying that IMO, the SCSCag is one of the finest wires I have ever worked with as far as sound. Years of customization and hard work to pull this off. The TWcu has lots of development work as well.

The SCSCag is very transparent with no detail loss. After 150 hours of burn in time, the bass shows off its command. The highs are brilliant with no roll off. The best part is the flexibility with other gear this wire has. The synergy matches almost everything which I cannot say for any other wire I have ever used!! One key additive is the blackness this wire has. Crazy...

The TWcu best attribute is its command of the bass response. Very captivating and inviting. Excellent mid range voice. Male or female, the voice becomes more forward with great separation. After about 100 hours of burn in time, the wire starts to show that warmth that many customers talk about.

I can go on for hours about this. The SCSCag is made from solid core so its more stiff than the flexible TWcu. After listening listen to the SCSCag, the stiffness of the wire is not concerning because the sound certainly makes up for it!!!"

Noted with thanks. :D Since I have 10 orders already I will close this round tonight. I will start a second round if there is enough demand.