Sign in to follow this  
heady

What to do with people who abuse sgheadphones?

Guys and gals,

I am just so sad with this guy who in one evening built up 50+ posts just to be able to post WTS. What does the community think we should do with people like that? Suspension? Ban?

I gave this guy a friendly advice to stop posting WTS and this is what happens. I am sorry that we all have to suffer because of one person.

Sigh.

well, is his last 50+ posting a constructive or destructive one?

why not you add in one more criteria? like at least been a member for 3mths and was very active in the forum? strengthening the current rule.

Thanks blackmouth0. We will see if the other moderators have similar opinions.

I hope the forum will approve what I did, after giving the matter some thoughts. I deleted all his posts and change his post count to 1. If I could just delete his spam, I would have done it but unfortunately the controls are not fine enough.

I think this forum's members are mostly mature and constructive. If new members cannot fit in with the culture, then they probably shouldn't join us. There are other forums which are more free-wheeling and less moderated where these people can have the freedom to post whatever they want. Thanks to nofing for this last comment.

Dear members,

I am the person Heady is referring to who made those 50 postings of :)) mostly in "The Lounge Lizard", and it did take me quite some time.

I am a new member who joined about 6 weeks ago. I came across this forum when I was researching iems to buy one for my wife. This forum among others like head-fi.org, headphonereview.org provided me with valuable information, and I finally decided to get her the UE10s. Unfortunately, it was a little too large for her ear canals. So I ordered a Shure 530. I haven't dared open the box cause I was told its as large as the UE10s.

As I myself do not use iems or headphones, I decided to sell them, hence my WTS postings.

Having not read the classified rules initially, I wondered why my posting strangely dissappeared shortly soon after. However, Headly managed to pm me while I happen to be online and advised me to read the rule regardings WTS.

If I offended anyone by my :)) posting, I am sorry. I did so because I wanted to sell off these great iems without delay to anyone who would appreciate them, and where better then a local forum.

To Heady and the rest of the moderators, please reconsider your classified ads requirements. It does not make the forum any better or worse having them.

To the rest of the members, I shall be selling my iems on ebay if any should be interested.

Once again, my appologies should I have offended anyone.

Regards,

Jonathan Clarke

Edited by jclarke