abhiroopb

Which headphone for a newb?

yup i did. did some research on other brands before purchasing in.

in the end i went with some logic that my friend taught me. first choice is always the best choice. hahaha.

maybe it was a silly instinct but so far i'm quite happy with my solo headphones. :)

The monster headphones do look pretty cool though...

Guest dragonboy

yup i did. did some research on other brands before purchasing in.

in the end i went with some logic that my friend taught me. first choice is always the best choice. hahaha.

maybe it was a silly instinct but so far i'm quite happy with my solo headphones. :)

At least it loooks cool enough.... :dance:

yeah! i think they are cool enough! (:

there was a write up on monster's studio headphones in digital life this week.

well. if monster's stuff is good enough for digital life to rave about, i supposed i made a very good purchase. (:

sorry for being a wet blanket, but digital life also raves about Bose products . personally i would usually take their reviews with a pinch of salt on the matters of audio, because they aren't exactly audiophiles, they deal with tech stuff on the whole.

Totally agree that Digital Life 's reviews on especially headphones / earphones are of some discount!

Can't just take their words as that what epicality mentioned.

There was once back in 2008 when they reviewed one model of the Sennheiser HD2xx headphone, it was utterly rubiish (my personal 2 cents view) " in playing games from the PC is very good but sounded weak on full classical musics! "

Whatever they said about each an every product, just read & accept 10% max into account!

eh. I stopped reading digital life cause their IT stuff was rubbish... considering that, i doubt their audio reviews would be any better ;p

Anyone have a recommendation for good over-ear or on-ear headphones, anything up to $250?

I am planning to use these both indoors, using laptop or mp3 player, as well as something that could be used on a car or bus trip, so some sound isolation would be good.

Rip most music at 192kbps or lossless, and need something that will definitely suit metal and rock music.

From a first listen of various ones, I thought the Shure SHR440 didn't seem suit to suit heavier music so well, and that the Denon AH-D1000 & Audio-Technica ES7 were sounding the nicest.. bass maybe better on the ES7.

Any other headphones you would recommend to try, or someone who has had one of the above phones for a longer period?

Edited by zeduck

Maybe you can try the ATH-M50 ?

lots of review on it saying how good it is.

tried it the other day at stereo for awhile and seems pretty decent to me?

Haha Digital Life. I pretty much only trust whatever they say on build quality. Reviews wise you're really better off looking around in Head-fi or around here although the impressions of 'good' earphones change pretty frequently.

For example in Head-fi, the IE8s they were raved a huge amount when they first appeared in the market and now every one just likes to condemn them.