deathg0d

B22 Casework Modifications!

I dare not imagine the cost if he had gone for WBT silver or Furutech rhodium RCA jacks. Pretty and good sounding I'm sure, but the cost... :shocking:

what is WBT? o.o i only heard of Furutech. Furutech is expensive cause its rhodium plated?

what is WBT? o.o i only heard of Furutech. Furutech is expensive cause its rhodium plated?

http://www.partsconnexion.com/connectors_rca_wbt.html

wbt silver's a strip of wavey silver for connection.

there are many connectors to choose from, but it depends on how good one's interconnects are, i.e. no point having a copper jack if using silver wire and vice versa.

Guest crumple_r

Hi,

I'm really interested in commissioning a build of the B22. Could you please PM me the approximate cost? I'm looking at using the B22 via 4-pin balanced, so it's gonna be a 4 board minimum eh?

Let me know!

:))

Hi,

I'm really interested in commissioning a build of the B22. Could you please PM me the approximate cost? I'm looking at using the B22 via 4-pin balanced, so it's gonna be a 4 board minimum eh?

Let me know!

:))

+ casing minimum 1k for 4 board

Guest crumple_r

+ casing minimum 1k for 4 board

Yeah, sent him a PM with my requirements and have received a reply as well. Not cheap to say the least. I'll have to give it some thought.

Thanks mate!

Yeah, sent him a PM with my requirements and have received a reply as well. Not cheap to say the least. I'll have to give it some thought.

Thanks mate!

yup b22 is not a simple and cheap diy amp to build for sure and if its anyone first diy project, i am sure you are gonna spend more on mistakes. alamakazam knows very well since he has build one himself. the more fanciful and features rich the b22 is, the more cost are involve.

thus ti say a very simple build for example a bare casing with very simple on off switch and canare internal wirings cost around min 1k as what alamakazam told.

Guest crumple_r

yup b22 is not a simple and cheap diy amp to build for sure and if its anyone first diy project, i am sure you are gonna spend more on mistakes. alamakazam knows very well since he has build one himself. the more fanciful and features rich the b22 is, the more cost are involve.

thus ti say a very simple build for example a bare casing with very simple on off switch and canare internal wirings cost around min 1k as what alamakazam told.

Have actually been dying to hear the B22s for myself for a while now, so i'm pretty sure many in sunny Singapore have been itching to hear as well. Maybe a mini informal meet-up to hear the B22s with some cans might tip some of the "on the fence" purchasers over into committing.

Have actually been dying to hear the B22s for myself for a while now, so i'm pretty sure many in sunny Singapore have been itching to hear as well. Maybe a mini informal meet-up to hear the B22s with some cans might tip some of the "on the fence" purchasers over into committing.

maybe you would like to organise a meet? u have great stuff there

Edited by alamakazam

maybe you would like to organise a meet? u have great stuff there

yup crumple_r maybe u can organize a meet some place. now k702 became the bottleneck of my rig and i have been on the hunt for a better headphones like lcd 2 and he 6 for example. tho many told me its a no brainer for me to get k1000, but k1000 price is really quite beyond my reach.