Sign in to follow this  
valentinotan

cmoy diy kit

hello. looking to build a cmoy amp. but i cant seem to get everything and the list on the website abit confusing to me. so is there like a kit available outside?? or can someone advise me how to get all the parts needed. thanks!

It is a bit of a pain to work out exactly what you need - the best thing to do is to read all the instructions and the kit list, and then read them again - and then work out which of the optional parts you want to use.

For some components - i.e. the caps, just note the component values and the notes from the instructions - e.g. caps should be able to take at least your power supply voltage - higher voltage doesn't matter, though the caps will be bigger.

Then just take all the information down to Koba when it's quiet and they'll help you out. They are very helpful in there.

Make sure you get more than you need - particularly of the caps, transistors and maybe the ICs. This will prevent another trip down there if/when you burn out a component or want to switch it out.

I bought all the parts from RS but they have minimum purchase on most items - normally in 5,10,25,50 - so you might end up with a lot of unused components and it will cost you a lot more.

You can get everything but the op-amps and the pot from SLT, as long as you don't mind perf board. Op amp.. i sampled mine from TI . Haven't assembled yet tho. I don't like working on perf board >_>