Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

my first DIY amp

oh, I think those are for small expensive caps. my caps are 1000uF, so I just stuck 4 there. I think thats a lil over-kill already? not sure sleep.gif

Look's good, congrats to the first known PPA builder in S'pore. I have to play catchup. Only manage to solder in the all resistors

oh, I think those are for small expensive caps. my caps are 1000uF, so I just stuck 4 there. I think thats a lil over-kill already? not sure

It's already an overkill with total of 4000uF. But I'll still stick 8 of 1000uF into those C1 space in the spirit of kiasu. Just got them Nichicon MUSE from Koba..

As for BASS boost, really don't know which value of C7 to use, coz so limitied range to choose from anything between 68nF and 100nF.

heh thanks JT. I'd like to offer you my sincerest thanks for your help along the way too. cheers! beer.gif

I only ordered 5 caps if not I'd populate all 8 C1s too. looks nicer cool.gif

oh to add on, I ordered this enclosure from Farnell.

thought the colour scheme was unique. to differentiate my PPA from the other run-of-the-mill meta42s and what-not that also use the hammond enclosures elvis.gif

user posted image

opinions?

w00t.gif Woo ..

That cool how much it app cost .... ..... laugh.gif

Thats the same box I was planning to use if I ever get round to building a headphone amp! Sexy little box hehe, though the one I saw was white and from Maplin. Nice job! Hurry up and get someone to listen to it for you so we can have a review biggrin.gif

all alu would look mighty P1mP......or if u can get it chrome plated...*drool*

blues : great siggy...from wat story/ad dude?

Go to a machine shop and get them to machine a matching aluminium Faceplate. thumbup1.gif

there IS one with a matching silver faceplate, but I figured it'd look just like the other meta42s, so I wanted something different.

plus, I figured most of my face plate components are black anyway, so might as well use a matching black face plate blush.gif

tenson: haha. will do. Rameish you listening? biggrin.gif