Sign in to follow this  
neutralzz

c3g boutique version

up and running, totally hum free and noise free, even when volume pot is turned to max when nothing is playing

high voltage supply in typical C->L->C regulation i.e.

2 x Mundorf HV 500v 150+150uf

1 x Hammond 159P choke

1 x Lundahl 1649 power trans

1 x 5AR4 retifier

IPB Image

IPB Image

2 x C3G and original NOS siemens loctal tube sockets

all resistors are allen bradley, except cathode resistor temporarily is kiwame (the shinkohs are coming in the mail). cathode bypass -> elna silmic II (considering to swap over to oscons) + one little auricap

IPB Image

temporary plate resistor, the mills resistors are in the mail too..

IPB Image

output coupling cap, mundorf 400V 100uf film cap + jenson paper in oil bypass. considering to change to mundorf silver/gold/oil 10uf since i only need 10uf to block the DC, but that is a very expensive decision, so is still under consideration ($1.2k for a pair of capacitors is -_-).

IPB Image

the mundorfs here are quite big ass caps.. here's the size in comparison to the rectifier

IPB Image

sounds pretty good so far, totally quiet and clean, but i have yet to have gotten some higher impedance can to go with it yet.. using my grados now.. might go can-shopping soon.. subjected to budget approval

finally here! 3 little upgrades that takes the amp to my reference levels..sounds so much better now

IPB Image

50 watt mills resistor for both plate and anode load

IPB Image

shinkoh 2 watt resistor on cathode, the very best resistors in the world for tube amplifications, bypassed with sanyo oscon 16v 1000uf... which soulds very clean, detailed etc compared to the more expensive silmicII and blackgates.