El Scorcho

Shure E Series Earphones

Which E series model would you be interested in getting?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

I'm conducting this poll as my company is looking into the viability of importing the E Series Earphones by Shure.

Please indicate which earphone you would be interested in purchasing. Any additional info / comments would be welcome. Thanks a bunch, folks.

I put a null vote as I am not familiar with these earphones at all. What's the speciality of the the Shure E series earphone say compared with the Etys?

El Scorcho:

I've moved this thread into the main forum as it is not related to the classifieds.

No prob, N@Z. cool.gif Again, I'd like to say we have fine moderators here.

I have not had a chance to try the entire series, just the E1c, and even then it was very preliminary. I must say that the E2c can only be reasonably compared with the ER-6; against the ER-4, there is simply no comparison.

However, the main difference which prompts me to consider the E Series is this: no microphonics. I confess that I am an Etys lover, but I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate microphonics. The thing I love about Etys is the isolation. When I put them on, there are only two things that exist in this world: my music and me.

But wait, turn your head a little; what's that noise?! Some people seem to be able to put up with it; I can't. Not even a little bit. It's like ER shooting themselves in the foot after they have created the perfect isolation tool.

However, I have read about some possible developments (shorter cord, elimination of micrphonics) by Don Wilson of ER on Head-Fi. Perhaps they realize that Shure is moving in on the consumer market, and if the E5c is as good as some people on Head-Fi say it is, then this means the death of the ER-4 series.

Imagine: an earphone equal to or surpassing the ER-4, with NO microphonics. Would I buy it? You bet! And I'll do it in a NY minute.... except that the E5c has list price of USD$500. But there has been talk on Head-Fi that it actually costs about USD$387 when you order it. Hence, is it a coincidence that ER is now very seriously looking into doing something about the cord? You decide.

Shucks, I've turned this poll into a rant session. In any case, I still love my Etys but I just wish to check the interest level with regards to the Shure earphones, i.e. interested enuff to want to audition and then buy it, given the current prices. Sorry, I'haven't got the E5c for audition (I wish I had wink.gif ).

I wouldn't go for it, even if its US$350. then again, I wouldn't (and didn't) pay full price for Etys either. if they could somehow incorporate visceral bass into the Shures..hmm..now THAT'd be really nice smile.gif

oh yeah, have you tried munching chips whilst listening to the Etys? its like an earthquake lol laugh.gif

btw, YGPM, scorcho.

for the price.. I wouldn't get it..

first of all.. I have to admit that I am not fan of ear canal phone. What if you accidentally insert them too rough and hurts your ear drum?

nah....

I would still go for full size closed phone. Safer.. and better soundstage.Plus some of them can withstand rough handling(like beyerphones), unlike these etys.. they are so fragile.