kidult

Vinyl camp

How's the sound? The recording on the US first pressing "And then there were three" album, I got from Roxy, wasn't that great.

have not listen to them yet. i only have a UK copy of "Selling England By the Pound".

will compare them tonight. hope this Rhino re-released won't be disappointed.

latest acquired

Genesis 1970-1975 (180gm Vinyl, 6LP Box Set)

from right to left,

TRESPASS, NURSERY CRYME, FOXTROT, SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND & double LP, THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY.

IPB Image

What a happy man you are :grin:

Rhino is EU press right? :o

Edited by jig_sg

Printed in US by Rhino but vinyl stated pressed in Germany by Funace MFG. Recording is good to me. :party:

Edited by ical

US version is by Rhino released on 2009, 180gm vinyl.

UK version was by Virgin, EMI Europe released on 2008, 200gm vinyl.

both are different re-mixes from original mastered tape by different people.

Hi,

I have a problem and hope you gurus can help. I've moved home recently and just finished hooking together my dad's speaker setup. However, there seem to be a problem with the turntable. The right speaker sounds more muted compared to the left. I've tried swapping cables and speakers and it seems there will always to 1 side that seems to be softer.

I'm still trying to locate the source of the problem and it would be great if you can help me narrow the possibility.

Thanks in advance!!

i'm no guru here. still learning as well.

does your TT with anti-skate? try minor increase/decrease anti-skating setting. it may goes off sometime.

These what I am using...so far so good...

For dry cleaning...AM Static Off

IPB Image

For wet cleaning with machine...VPI brush

IPB Image

I've been using Thorens carbon fibre brush with good result.

However, now I'm using the Japanese handmade Jico JR-105 brush which work even better. And a final touch with Visibledust Zeeion Blower before I play my LP. Both reduce noise and static.

http://depart.livedoor.com/present/detail?id=2531

http://www.visibledust.com/products3.php?pid=444

For wet cleaning, I'm using those from VPI and Mint.

http://mintlp.com/brush.htm

Edited by ical

I can't seem to find the info on this thread, but I was wondering if someone could guide me to finding a good entry level (and/or inexpensive) turntable that I could get started with?

I recall reading about a Denon one somewhere but I can't seem to find it now...

I can't seem to find the info on this thread, but I was wondering if someone could guide me to finding a good entry level (and/or inexpensive) turntable that I could get started with?

I recall reading about a Denon one somewhere but I can't seem to find it now...

The Denon DP-300F...has an internal phono stage; a good entry for those who are new to TT. But be cautious...once you got a foot in...the urge to upgrade your TT will be great...I, for one, succumbed... :doh:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=9530&st=2760

Edited by Kachui

cool... so about... $400? Suddenly went mad click on vinyls on amazon, but I thinking it's not the best place to look, is it?

The denon is available at Alpha in Adelphi...they will quote $450 but ask for for some discount.

Ebay for used and sometimes hard to find LPs. Buy only from reputable sellers who have good ratings...but even so, there is always a risk. The shipping is always a killer though...so try buying multiple LPs from same seller to cut down shipping cost.

Of course, there are a few local vinyl shops you can go to...for used LPs, Memory Lane at Adelphi is a good place to start...if you don't mind squatting under the hot sun, you can try the flea market at Jalan Besar/Sungei Road; the LPs there going for $1-$4, many of the LPs in poor condition, but if you are lucky, you can find a few gems.

Edited by Kachui