kidult

Vinyl camp

Just wondering, anyone knows where i can get the JA Michell Rega Record Clamp locally and how much it will cost me?

THanks =D

UltraLinear International Pte Ltd

#01-23 The Adelphi

price...forget. online better :grin:

sometimes you can't but if the LP is still in good condition... clean it thoroughly.

When I started out...I cleaned my LPs with running tap water, dish washing detergent (such as Mama Lemon) and soft sponge. But this is not going to get rid of most of the clicks and pops.

So I invested in a budget cleaner; I got this from Roxy at Adelphi:

http://www.zenn.com.sg/zenn_record_cleaning_machine.htm

Of course there are better cleaners out there, if budget is not an issue for you.

I found a good and effective cleaning solution is the Mint LP solution; you can get this at Modular Audio, Adelphi.

http://www.modularaudio.com.sg/html/mint.html

But bear in mind that some badly produced vinyls will have inherent clicks and pops, and no amount of cleaning will get rid of them.

Edited by Kachui

ehh i dont really have many lps so getting a record cleaner is a bit of a wasted investment. is there anywhere in sg that provides a cleaning service for some fee?

Can I confirm who carries Rega & Pro-ject in SG?

I searched:

Rega - Asia Sound @ Adelphi

Pro-ject - House of Turntables somewhere in AMK (I thought its available in Norman Audio @ Adelphi?)

I believe these 2 brands are the usual suspects for entry-level TTs?

Thanks.

Yes, the two places carry Rega and Project respectively.

You may consider Technics SL-1200 series as well for entry level...not popular with many audiophiles because of its image as a DJ tt...but it is a good and value for money tt, with excellent timing, accurate speed, and surprisingly quiet background for a direct drive (even when compared with belt driven turntables).