kidult

Vinyl camp

Pwah... quiet quiet upgrade and upgrade... your tt turning into a monster! :party:

This is the inside of the Technics SL-12xx series...with the internal transformer, regulator and PCB assembly...

IPB Image

After the installation of new bearing and external psu...and discarding the internal transformer, regulator, and PCB assembly...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Kachui

This is the inside of the Technics SL-12xx series...with the internal transformer, regulator and PCB assembly...

IPB Image

After the installation of new bearing and external psu...and discarding the internal transformer, regulator, and PCB assembly...

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have been wondering if it would be worthwhile to change the power cable and interconnects. What's your opinion?

I have been wondering if it would be worthwhile to change the power cable and interconnects. What's your opinion?

I am sure there will be improvements, but nothing like switching it to an outboard PSU. This should be the first mod, IMHO, that should be done for the Technics TT. The internal power PCB, transformer, and regulator add a lot of noise.

hi there, i am new to this any advise on which to get first? like entry level turn tables, where to get them? which amps to use? basically i just wanted to know what i need to listen to LP's? sorry really noob but after reading this forum i got hooked.. :)) oh and i listen with my headphones. thanks

hi there, i am new to this any advise on which to get first? like entry level turn tables, where to get them? which amps to use? basically i just wanted to know what i need to listen to LP's? sorry really noob but after reading this forum i got hooked.. :)) oh and i listen with my headphones. thanks

I would recommend joining Facebook and connecting to Todd the Vinyl Junkie, and Jerry Raskin's Needle Doctor, and maybe asking a few questions and reading. Also two great sources for analog and vinyl are Stereophile and The Absolute Sound, which you can subscribe to electronic editions.

Edited by dalethorn