kidult

Vinyl camp

Nice! But why are you showing us this for? Thinking of getting it? :o

heh, heh...got it used. Quite a good condition one...only one previous owner...and he is not a DJ or scratcher...and according to him, seldom use it. Only thing, he accidentally threw away the hinges for the dust cover (so he did not use the cover...still wrapped in plastic when I brought it home)...will need to get that from Sim Lim tomorrow.

Edited by Kachui

heh, heh...got it used. Quite a good condition one...only one previous owner...and he is not a DJ or scratcher...and according to him, seldom use it. Only thing, he accidentally threw away the hinges for the dust cover (so he did not use the cover...still wrapped in plastic when I brought it home)...will need to get that from Sim Lim tomorrow.

Wah you are fast man, from the Denon to this (Technics?) within how long? A month? Now trying to poison people again huh?

everything related to TT :grin:

ya, in fact we all are self poisoning :blush:

i believe the TT do need to sit on a stable platform. have no experience on Vibrapods. but the Taoc 25 footers donesn't work on my TT.

*listening to David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust (Japan press)

I am putting my DH cones under the Denon DP-300F. I noticed that with the stock feet, the TT doesn't really rest stably on the rack shelf so using the cones should provide more stability. But I did not do any AB test whatsoever. I am putting these cones there cos I have them spare anyway. But I suspect Vibrapods should be quite helpful to this TT.

I am putting my DH cones under the Denon DP-300F. I noticed that with the stock feet, the TT doesn't really rest stably on the rack shelf so using the cones should provide more stability. But I did not do any AB test whatsoever. I am putting these cones there cos I have them spare anyway. But I suspect Vibrapods should be quite helpful to this TT.

On the Denon, I did an A-B with the stock footers and the TAOC 35s. Stock footers sound muddy compared to the TAOC.

My setup is getting a bit messy...the CDP is pretty much neglected nowadays...very happy with the TT set up now, all the LPs, old and new, just sound so much fuller, smoother, and involving, compared to the CDs (I am just not good at describing sound)...Listening to "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack LP now...wow...the CD of this album is nothing like this...not even close.

IPB Image

IPB Image

On the Denon, I did an A-B with the stock footers and the TAOC 35s. Stock footers sound muddy compared to the TAOC.

My setup is getting a bit messy...the CDP is pretty much neglected nowadays...very happy with the TT set up now, all the LPs, old and new, just sound so much fuller, smoother, and involving, compared to the CDs (I am just not good at describing sound)...Listening to "Chariots of Fire" soundtrack LP now...wow...the CD of this album is nothing like this...not even close.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am lazy to do AB test nowadays, just want to sit down peacefullly to enjoy the music. On the sound part, yup I know what you mean. Likewise for me, I used to buy some Chinese oldies or "Ming ge" (Folk songs) CDs, but they sound so harsh, worse than the sound of same album I have on cassette tapes. Now I got them on LPs the feeling is back. LPs sound more musical. My guess is, for those analog recording, they will sound harsh when transferred onto CD.

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

I thought the surfac of Technics 1210 is silver in colour? Or is yours a different version? And those blue and red lightings look so cool...do they come as part of the equipment or you installed them?

I thought the surfac of Technics 1210 is silver in colour? Or is yours a different version? And those blue and red lightings look so cool...do they come as part of the equipment or you installed them?

The SL-1210M5G comes in glossy piano-black finish with silver speckles. Think the silver is the 1200Mk5.

The red light at the switch is standard for all versions. The Blue tracking light is special for the SL-1210M5G which is a 30th anniversary version of the 1200 series. Other models have white light.

The SL-1210M5G comes in glossy piano-black finish with silver speckles. Think the silver is the 1200Mk5.

The red light at the switch is standard for all versions. The Blue tracking light is special for the SL-1210M5G which is a 30th anniversary version of the 1200 series. Other models have white light.

Thanks. And I found the following link:

http://www.edjgear.co.uk/2009/02/technics-sl1200-sl1210/

Edited by greenhorn

I am lazy to do AB test nowadays, just want to sit down peacefullly to enjoy the music. On the sound part, yup I know what you mean. Likewise for me, I used to buy some Chinese oldies or "Ming ge" (Folk songs) CDs, but they sound so harsh, worse than the sound of same album I have on cassette tapes. Now I got them on LPs the feeling is back. LPs sound more musical. My guess is, for those analog recording, they will sound harsh when transferred onto CD.

some Cantonese LPs i had sound pretty thin and not dynamic. CDs are better quality then.

Oh, he bought from Zenn? Hmph, why never update??? Paiseh... :P Maybe got another unit for sale??

Oh, he bought from Zenn? Hmph, why never update??? Paiseh... :P Maybe got another unit for sale??

ha, ha...yes...got it from Zenn...the only unit there...he does not update his website or check his email often.

some Cantonese LPs i had sound pretty thin and not dynamic. CDs are better quality then.

I listening to Sam Hui. A used Polydor which is in very good condition. Although some surface marks and lines, no noise whatsoever. More musical and listenable than the CD.

no don't think so. it's bought by kachui.

We heard that Richard at Roxy opens for business till very late at night...so a bunch of us, for the fun of it decided to give him a visit late at night; went there after 10 pm and stayed till nearly past 11:30pm...

He had a shipment of used records that just arrived...managed to get a few...including the following LPs:

UK pressed, "Money for Nothing" single (the single is over 8 minute long):

IPB Image

First pressing of Esther Ofarim's popular album; German pressed:

IPB Image

Tokyo Orchestra Star Wars...Direct to Disc Japan Pressed:

IPB Image

All in all...a worthwhile foray.

Edited by Kachui