Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Will this be the end of mysql errors?

Somehow I don't think you have too much to worry about IRC.

BTW what did the host say about these errors?

rolleyes.gif

N@Z: say about what?

I've been bugging them non-stop about various fixes. so far the only one thats taken place is the upgrade of the mysql version (even then, I think its not so much them doing it, as their auto-update script rolleyes.gif)

basically, they don't own the server either. apparently, they're resellers for someone else too, so its hard for them to implement server-side changes too. they say they'll be moving to their own server too..but..what're WORDS?

Ablaze,

Sorry to sound out of touch but all the SQl errors i saw can't be fixed yeah? No other way than to restart the server as the forum seems to not be able to find files... and nothing was touched right?

actually fish, the new mysql 4.0.15 which the host is currently on, is SUPPOSED to fix the errors. so far, its been 48h or so, and its still good. but its still too short to tell. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed unsure.gif

regarding the errors, 60% of the time all I have to do is go to phpmyadmin and repair the tables. the remaining 40% of the time, one member or topic gets lost, and I have to manually rebuild the table entry for that topic/member. I've lost many hours of my life doing that already dry.gif

He already has but with our (mine at least) limited capabilities there's only one type of error I can repair.

well, each day that goes by without an error, I'm ever more hopeful that there'll be no more problems. I think I'll cross my toes now too innocent.gif