rainbox

Ordering Wireless Headphones online

Why buy online when you can get it locally at about the same price. I remember the price that I've paid for my Sennheiser MX W1 at Stereo is cheaper than online. So do check with them.

Edited by ical

Bear in mind that if you are buying online from outside Singapore and the value is >400 SGD including shipping charges then you will need to pay import duty and GST. This can often turn a good deal into a worse one than if you were buying locally.

My last check on Amazon price is US200. If you use borderlinx, the total estimated cost using the calculator is about SG$310. The difference is $150. The only problem is 2 years warranty.

well, once again, me being a safe buyer. I would rather spend the few more dollars to buy locally then online, unless been despo or cannot find locally. If not, I don't think it's worth the trouble. What happen if spoil, how to send the charges and etc, all these intangible worries or cost will be greater as a result.

I've never really had issues buying online.

well, singapore sennheiser does not recognize US bought sets. Today, I spoke with them service centre, apparently the cso and tech remember my name, so should be true.

I did mention about international warranty, they said the terms are slightly different

I bought Audio Technica ANC-7 previously from Amazon US. Shipped using VPost. Total still cheaper about $100.

Here's my experience. I bought an AKG K702 off eBay, new and unopened, and when the left side gave me trouble, I sent it to the local authorised shop to have it repaired. It was just a couple of months old, but the fella refused to accept the warranty, and charged me for the repair. The amount was a pittance but the fact remains that the local guys can and, it seems from my experience and that of a few others's here, will stick you with a bill for stuff you get online.

Then again, I did save almost 200 bucks thanks to eBay ... Was it worth it? Hell, yeah.

that's the problem with online purchase unless the goods you purchase has international warranty with local SG address listed ..

Here's my experience. I bought an AKG K702 off eBay, new and unopened, and when the left side gave me trouble, I sent it to the local authorised shop to have it repaired. It was just a couple of months old, but the fella refused to accept the warranty, and charged me for the repair. The amount was a pittance but the fact remains that the local guys can and, it seems from my experience and that of a few others's here, will stick you with a bill for stuff you get online.

Then again, I did save almost 200 bucks thanks to eBay ... Was it worth it? Hell, yeah.

I finally decided to buy oneline. I bought from Amazon and sent to Vpost or Borderlinx. In Amazon, the price varies day to day, you need to check until it reaches the lowest price. For Vpost, if you are first time using vpost and you are a ocbc card member, you give you $20 off first shipment. Shipment was less than $20 when i shipped RS180. I saved over $200 buying Sennheiser RS180. And saved about $150 buying RS170 using Borderlinx. Thanks to ocbc and vpost and amazon and Borderlinx.

I had been using it for months, so far no problem.

Edited by rainbox

Yes rainbox,

shopping online is a breeze, especially for season online shopper like me. Here we have Vpost, and reputatable company like UPS and DHL who deliver to your door steps and if $400, would arrange with you to pay for the 7% GST.

I also buy many stuff from ebay and from China (Chinese) sellers without any problem.

Once you into online shopping, it saves you money , time and effort.

I purchase a Beyerdyanmic headphone from amazon and I save S$200 for buying online (including shipping). To save the $200, I heck the warranty. Yes risk but I take it.

Regards

Tiramisu515

I finally decided to buy oneline. I bought from Amazon and sent to Vpost or Borderlinx. In Amazon, the price varies day to day, you need to check until it reaches the lowest price. For Vpost, if you are first time using vpost and you are a ocbc card member, you give you $20 off first shipment. Shipment was less than $20 when i shipped RS180. I saved over $200 buying Sennheiser RS180. And saved about $150 buying RS170 using Borderlinx. Thanks to ocbc and vpost and amazon and Borderlinx.

I had been using it for months, so far no problem.

Edited by tiramisu515