definitelydan

Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10

hi all, thinking of purchasing a pair of ue TF10s from an online dealer.. but its an amazon set so warranty has to be RMAed straight to USA. any advice regarding such a purchase?

anyone here has had any experiences with such a warranty scenario? and does anyone here have any issues with TF10 other than the infamous fit issues? Just auditioned a pair earlier and totally loved the sound :D

I suppose it was bought when amazon sold them for USD$99

I bought my EBs online too, and when they broke down I just sent them in to the US side. You have to pay for shipping there, but it's not expensive.

how much u pay for it ? :))

check pm.

by the way, anyone have any suggestions as to how i should store and care for my tf10s? my friend recommended putting silica sachets in with the earphone case. anything else i should take note of?

I just realised that while listening to Andrea Bocelli's The Prayer (Duet with Celine Dion) in lossless i get a bit of a crackling sound on the highs.. is this normal or are my drivers faulty? i dont seem to hear the same crackling sound when i play it through my desktop speakers.

I just realised that while listening to Andrea Bocelli's The Prayer (Duet with Celine Dion) in lossless i get a bit of a crackling sound on the highs.. is this normal or are my drivers faulty? i dont seem to hear the same crackling sound when i play it through my desktop speakers.

Yes, I have the same issue. Initially I thought it is my ipod issue. I send my ipod to apple for inspection but after they replaced it, it is still the same. Then I change my dvd drive to pioneer and rip song with slower speed and it got a lot better. It is due to the sensitivity of the driver, I guess. It will surface when you listen to vocal on high especially for female vocal.

Edited by niccon

Yes, I hear the same distortion at time around 2:35-2:37, and another one at around 2:48-2:51. I think it's clipping sound. I play using iPod 6G 80GB & TF10, volume around 55%. I tried using Superlux HD381F IEM, also the same clipping sound. So I guess could be clipping during recording, when their voice is just too loud for the microphone, and undetected in editing.

Are u using a ipod/iphone to play? Did u set the eq? I got a similar problem which was solved when i off the eq.

Yes, I hear the same distortion at time around 2:35-2:37, and another one at around 2:48-2:51. I think it's clipping sound. I play using iPod 6G 80GB & TF10, volume around 55%. I tried using Superlux HD381F IEM, also the same clipping sound. So I guess could be clipping during recording, when their voice is just too loud for the microphone, and undetected in editing.

do you face the issue on other album or female vocal on high with tf10.

do you face the issue on other album or female vocal on high with tf10.

No, the clipping sound is from the recording, not from the IEM. I tried with 3 different IEMs, I can hear the same clipping sound. It is microphone overloaded sound (I do recording as well), might not detected on speaker monitor if the speaker monitor detail is not very revealing. But IEM is very revealing to detail, that's why we can hear it. It is also not recoverable using compressor.

Are u using a ipod/iphone to play? Did u set the eq? I got a similar problem which was solved when i off the eq.

yup using ipod through LOD but my eq is set to flat. still hear it though. probably clipping as what bpribadi has mentioned

No, the clipping sound is from the recording, not from the IEM. I tried with 3 different IEMs, I can hear the same clipping sound. It is microphone overloaded sound (I do recording as well), might not detected on speaker monitor if the speaker monitor detail is not very revealing. But IEM is very revealing to detail, that's why we can hear it. It is also not recoverable using compressor.

that meaning i got quite a few bad press CD :angry: