nuckingfuts

Maverick D1 vs Audiotrak ImAmp ?

i am using the audiotrak imAmp with my stock k701.

enjoying the combo :)

opamps are very cheap... no ?

shouldn't be a concern imo hehe.

i got my imAmp at $170sgd only, when audio basic had a huge discount on them at first jan 2010..

totally no brainer, so I whacked it :)

Actually with regards to reliability issues, though the companies behind them are important, the more important thing you should be factoring would be which distributor you are buying from.

Audio Basic's vincent is a very friendly guy and nice to deal with, great after sales service :)

*I hope I have not mistaken his name.. been awhile since I went to audio basic.. Sorry if I got it wrong*

but yeah, no problems with my imAmp.

a superb versatile amp.

Edited by :: Chicky ::

thanks, Chicky !

headache lah, becoz the Maverick has more upgrade options especially the power cord.............

if the Maverick has no DAC built in and no tube preamp, i'll make that my 1st choice............i don't like paying for things i'm not gonna use.........

maybe i'll wait for Audiotrak to come up with Imamp mk2 or Maverick to come up with a better pure headamp...............

i hate it when i have choices..............hard to make up my mind lah.........

thanks, Chicky !

headache lah, becoz the Maverick has more upgrade options especially the power cord.............

if the Maverick has no DAC built in and no tube preamp, i'll make that my 1st choice............i don't like paying for things i'm not gonna use.........

maybe i'll wait for Audiotrak to come up with Imamp mk2 or Maverick to come up with a better pure headamp...............

i hate it when i have choices..............hard to make up my mind lah.........

Why not think of them as 'freebies' given to you for buying the amp? sometimes having that extra thing doesnt mean you must use it anyway. and what if you have a need for it in future?

Why not think of them as 'freebies' given to you for buying the amp? sometimes having that extra thing doesnt mean you must use it anyway. and what if you have a need for it in future?

quite true but it's virtually certain i won't use the DAC and preamp..............if i were to choose the Maverick over the Audiotrak, i'll take out the tube in the Maverick.

i'm leaning more towards the Maverick mostly becoz i can use a good power cord.............but i'm worried the sound might be too midrange-forward as pointed out by Sep90.

i know my interconnects and headphones already lean-sounding and i intend to put wooden cones under the headamp too so it might be a little too forward and lean sounding.

if only there's a shop that sells both headamps so i can test them out with the same cables and music source.