Sign in to follow this  
Westoner

W3 vs TF10Pro

Does the W3 having the same sound signature as TF10pro?

In my opinion, they are very different.

W3 is bright, if I can make an analogy, W3 is the Grado of IEM. W3 might be prone to sibilance when the vocal recording is also bright. Mid and bass ok, quite flat for my taste which is good. But W3 mid is way different than TF10. Compared to TF10, W3 mids might sound a bit harsh, because TF10 mids is silky smooth. W3 bass is better than TF10.

TF10 is silky smooth and slightly warm sounding. For me the mids and highs are very nice, but maybe too smooth for some music that might need a little 'omph'. But if you like vocals, TF10 is very good for vocal. Bass is ok, flat, enough quantity, but the lower bass extension a bit weak. Sometime fails to give the rumbling, ears vibrating bass.

Comfort wise, W3 is better, also better isolation.

As our ears canal have different resonant frequency, they might sound a bit different on different ears.

My2cents :)

I'm in the midst of comparing the following IEMs. I use them everyday, like 2-3 model a day, to really know the real character of those IEMs.

IPB Image

I do agree I find W3 a little bright and bass presence is a little more than TF10. I find much easier listening to TF10 for long hour than W3 for vocal.

As our ears canal have different resonant frequency, they might sound a bit different on different ears.

A quick check here, will this gives you the impression that one side is louder or soft than the other side when listening through iem or headphone.

Edited by niccon

A quick check here, will this gives you the impression that one side is louder or soft than the other side when listening through iem or headphone.

I'm not sure, but if both ears have the same sensitivity, I don't think so. Canal resonant is affecting more on the tonal balance.

For sensitivity, you can try to listen to mono signal, which must be located exactly in the center of our head (between the 2 ears). If you think it is not exactly center, it could be the player problem, not giving balance sound, of the ears sensitivity are different.

I'm not sure, but if both ears have the same sensitivity, I don't think so. Canal resonant is affecting more on the tonal balance.

For sensitivity, you can try to listen to mono signal, which must be located exactly in the center of our head (between the 2 ears). If you think it is not exactly center, it could be the player problem, not giving balance sound, of the ears sensitivity are different.

ops.. then it is either my ear got problem or the amp vol pot or lod got problem :sweat:

ops.. then it is either my ear got problem or the amp vol pot or lod got problem :sweat:

Volume pot is most likely the problem. Usually the tolerance of left and right pot is about 20%, which is audible when we got bad pot that really has 20% resistance value difference between left and right.