Sign in to follow this  
blackmouth0

Problem with headphone on computer

Hi guys, no sure whether did you all experience the same thing as me.

As you all know, I owned a pair of MS1 and I had being using my MS1 to listen to music via my laptop. But recently I found out that no matter what songs be it from CDs, Itune or from foobar, I will hear a cracking sound when the singer go above a higher range. Currently listening to a concert live recording and it irritate me off. Any suggestion? If I plug it into my mp3, using the same songs, it sound much better, so is it my laptop sound card that is costing the problem? Any way to treat it?

Configuration for laptop is...

Fujitsu S series. (Wonder will it help much or not)

occasionally i get that from my laptop as well.

one of the way is to lower the windows volumn to about 70% but keep the foobar volumn max.

i tried that, but still can hear the distortion. I am wondering will a DAC solve the problem?

Now I realise when I am listening using earphone (Shure SE310), I will hear this kind of distortion as well.

Edited by blackmouth0

eh, think i got it sorted out, but i am not sure of the reason.

Solution, get a DAC. Tried out my friend DAC this afternoon and realise the distortion is gone!

yea, i agree. Eh, now i edit again, seems like no matter what earphone or headphone i use, i will have this problem.

I check with my computer geek friend and he told me that the sound card in a laptop cannot be changed, unless get something external.

Looking at some affordable DAC now.

that one good meh? heard review that it does not sound nice lei. looking at some creative toy as well.

on my list currently is

ibasso d2

nuforce UDac

Well, it shouldn't have that problem AND it should be more portable than your DACs, unless you don't bring your laptop around

is it sibilance?

SIBILANCE. The presence of strongly emphasized s, sh, ch, z, j sounds in speech called sibilants

some song is recorded with sibilant artifact, so no matter what u do cant get rid, unless alter the music

you may also try other ripper, eg dbpoweramp

in short, sibilant no way out, unless u choose a less sibilant iem like IE8 or your EQ your music by altering or at the player

no, it's distortion. I confirmed that. So far, only i found a simple solution, which is using DAC, but it only cure the external, not the internal as the sound card in a laptop cannot be change.