Sign in to follow this  
Skyflux

Recommend me a IEM / Headphones with price range <200.

I'm looking for a IEM or a Headphone as stated , it must have a good bass response , since I listen to electronica alot , but it must also have good clarity (Or the other way round) , not like my HD 212.. The bass literally overpowered everything on that one. To be more clear , It must have

1)Good bass

2)Decent clarity

3)Low Impedance (Since my Ipod Touch shouldn't be able to blast something which has 60+ ohms?)

4)Good noise isolation

or

1)Decent Bass

2)Good clarity

3)Low Impedance

4)Good noise isolation

I would also consider those phones with flat frequency response.. You know , those monitoring types , since I do make some music (You can check my soundcloud!)

My budget is below $200 , would really prefer IEM over Headphone , but if the headphone is portable and comes with a carrying case , why not?

So... Anyone have any suggestions?

I would also consider those phones with flat frequency response.. You know , those monitoring types , since I do make some music (You can check my soundcloud!)

My budget is below $200 , would really prefer IEM over Headphone , but if the headphone is portable and comes with a carrying case , why not?

So... Anyone have any suggestions?

For the budget, full size headphones will give a much better sound quality. For example, my favorite ATH-M50 which cost less than SGD 190.

I also do some recording, so clarity and detail is very important. I can hardly do sound editing with IEM, they are not good enough, even those in SGD 500 price range.

Recently I bought from Jakarta, Superlux IEM, HD381F, a semi-open IEM, so sound isolation is not very good (between earphone and IEM), but sound quality is very2 good. Neutral, good detail and clarity, and good quality bass. But since noise isolation is not very good, only suitable in relatively quiet environment. Superlux HD381F only cost around SGD 45.- but in quiet environment, sound quality can match, or even better to my liking, than Shure SE530, UE Triplefi 10, and Westone 3.

http://www.superlux.com.tw/index.do

http://www.superlux.com.tw/productInfo.do?...d&level=2&lv0=5

I have all the 3 flavors, but I find the white HD381F is the most balance in tonal balance.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I'm quite interested in the UM1 and the ATH-M50 , but is it readily available in Jaben? Because I might be going there after my mid-years , so I wanna make sure it's ready for auditioning lol.

And btw , hows the bass in the UM1 , and the noise isolation of the ATH-M50?

Edited by Skyflux

I don't know if Jaben has them, I think they do. I bought my M50 from Hung Brothers in Sim Lim Square 3rd floor. ATH-M50 has a pretty good noise isolation for a full size cans.

You may try Stereo as well, Plaza Sing, I think they might have them.

I haven't tried UM1, so cannot comment. I tried UM2 in Stereo, pretty good sound, I actually prefer UM2 sonic character over Westone 3.

Edited by bpribadi

I don't know if Jaben has them, I think they do. I bought my M50 from Hung Brothers in Sim Lim Square 3rd floor. ATH-M50 has a pretty good noise isolation for a full size cans.

You may try Stereo as well, Plaza Sing, I think they might have them.

I haven't tried UM1, so cannot comment. I tried UM2 in Stereo, pretty good sound, I actually prefer UM2 sonic character over Westone 3.

How much did the M50 cost? I think I might pay a visit to stereos or jaben after mid years.. But jus. Asking the price since I'm not gonna exceed 200 lol.

What about the price of the UM2?

The UM2s are way above your budget. For around 200 your best bet would be either the Westone 1s or the UM1. The ES7 are slightly over your budget but I did hear good things about them so maybe you can try them out?

The UM2s are way above your budget. For around 200 your best bet would be either the Westone 1s or the UM1. The ES7 are slightly over your budget but I did hear good things about them so maybe you can try them out?

Then I guess if I would to choose IEMs , it would be the Westone 1s or UM1 then ^^.

Not sure about the ES7 , I'm still quite interested in the ATH-M50.

How much did the M50 cost? I think I might pay a visit to stereos or jaben after mid years.. But jus. Asking the price since I'm not gonna exceed 200 lol.

What about the price of the UM2?

You got PM :)