Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Headphones, Prohibited Items for Export from USA & Europe

Recently looking to buy headphones from Amazon, but I just realized they no longer can deliver it to my vPost address :(

When trying to find out about it, I found this on vPost website:

Prohibited Items for Export from USA & Europe

* All speakers including headphones and earphones

Oh no... <_<

Not limited to just headphones or earphones; vPost does not deal with anything containing lithium batteries (MP3 players, laptops) as well. Sending any of these items to the California address is a confirmed way of not getting your item, from what I've read in other forums.

Quite a shame, 'cos consumer electronics in the States is actually quite cheap.

Edited by radioactive28

Not limited to just headphones or earphones; vPost does not deal with anything containing lithium batteries (MP3 players, laptops) as well. Sending any of these items to the California address is a confirmed way of not getting your item, from what I've read in other forums.

Quite a shame, 'cos consumer electronics in the States is actually quite cheap.

That means we won't get the item that we have paid? What they do with those items?

After I changed my default address in Amazon, from Singapore to vPost address in Oregon, Amazon is actually allow me to purchase those items. But from what you said, is there any possibility that after the item is paid and delivered to vPost address in US, vPost will not send it to Singapore for those prohibited item?

That means we won't get the item that we have paid? What they do with those items?

After I changed my default address in Amazon, from Singapore to vPost address in Oregon, Amazon is actually allow me to purchase those items. But from what you said, is there any possibility that after the item is paid and delivered to vPost address in US, vPost will not send it to Singapore for those prohibited item?

yes, then you have to ask for a refund from Amazon.

I think vPost will charge you for redirecting the item, whether back to the sender, or to another party (your friend, another forwarding service, etc), and it seems to be very costly.

I'm moving away from vPost for the US, going to try out Citibank's Borderlinx next time.

I emailed vPost for confirmation, and this is their reply:

"Thank you for your email. We wished to inform you that our US counterpart located at Portland are able to ship Headphone. Please do not send to California shipping address as we confirm they are not able to ship headphones as it contain speaker.

Thank you."

So, use the Oregon address for headphones :)