Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Sennheiser HD414 Anniversary Edition

My brother gave me an old, but new, Sennheiser HD414 Anniversary Edition. The foams already too old, so need new foams, and also no cable supplied.

The original HD414 said to have 2000 ohms impedance. But the Anniversary Edition is only 52 ohms.

So I use Canare L-2B2AT with Neutrik mini jack for the cable.

Currently the cables and headphones is being 'burnt-in'. Will give sound impression in the next few days. In the pictures, I temporarily put KOSS KSC75 foam, but will replace it with the Sennheiser yellow foam.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

After burnt-in for more than 50 hours, and fitted with Sennheiser yellow foam, the HD414 Anniversary Edition sounds better :)

The presentation is very forward, but the mids and highs are smooth, never sounds harsh. The bass is there, good quality bass, but low in quantity, not enough for me :) So bass is good, but weak.

Vocal is nice, forward presentation, silky smooth, but sometime a bit too 'hot' for me, to forward 'in your face' kind of presentation.

Overall, the mids is dominan, high is nice, smooth and transparent, bass is there, but lack of quantity. It's a pretty nice sounding headphones :cans: But if have to choose, I prefer Koss PortaPro :))