Sign in to follow this  
red_ryder

Recommendation for rugged earbuds?

Hi, I've tried numerous brands of ear-buds in the last ten years, and they rarely last more than a year before I lose sound in one side. Brands I've tried - Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Crossroads, Audiotechnica, and most recently a pair of Sennheiser sports buds. They lasted barely 8 months.

I really would like a rugged pair that can last 2 or more years, sound quality is not important as I mostly listen to audiobooks and podcasts. Comfort is number one criteria, followed by ruggedness.

Any advice?

looks promising. Not sure if you can get them in Singapore though. Maybe Best Denki has it?

looks promising. Not sure if you can get them in Singapore though. Maybe Best Denki has it?

That youtube video is good for laughs. The question is not whether they look ok but do they still work. :D

Guest dragonboy

I think I saw some earbuds that you can even bring them underwater at Stereo PS. I think those should be rugged enough.

Those endorsed by michael phelps? Yeah... saw them at stereo also. But I don't think that they are cheap though.... If you break down earphones that fast, you might maybe want to look at better habit of keeping earphones.

Hi, I've tried numerous brands of ear-buds in the last ten years, and they rarely last more than a year before I lose sound in one side. Brands I've tried - Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Crossroads, Audiotechnica, and most recently a pair of Sennheiser sports buds. They lasted barely 8 months.

I really would like a rugged pair that can last 2 or more years, sound quality is not important as I mostly listen to audiobooks and podcasts. Comfort is number one criteria, followed by ruggedness.

Any advice?

Since SQ is not that important for audiobooks, try any cheap ones that is comfortable for you, and buy a few :) Keep them in your bag. You will have spares when the working ones spoil :D