ablaze

the official "Post your setup thread"

I like your tweaks!

2 amps better then 1 biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by tropicalrips

For a moment there I thought you are running them in balanced, mono block stylee!

For a moment there I thought you are running them in balanced, mono block stylee!

lol.gif the one on top is what Kenshinz brought to the meet

i hav since made some changes to it smile.gif changed the jack to 1/4 inch, reconfigured the batts so now it runs without the voltage devider resistors, & disconnected the power caps. sounds familiar ? smile.gif Cl**ne R*-1 whistling.gif

i build the one below cause i had nothing to do when the amp was with Kenshinz tongue.gif

wanted to try different layout with the Solen caps, so i end up with another NACA, actually a variant with buffer

they sound similar as far as i can tell, i still think the variant is faster, will get someone to try it again... happy.gif

only w1000 tongue.gif

these wooden series of of Audio Technica cans will sound good on almost any setup

i see your setup now hav the W100 as well party.gif

Edited by tropicalrips

My Humble Rigs... yeah.gif

Home Rig

Source - Sony CDP-5000

Amp - Musical Fidelity X-Can V1 w/Siemens 60's 6922

Power - Musical Fidelity X-PSU

Cans - Senn HD590

Interconnects - Monster M550i

Outdoor Rig

Source - iPod (20GB)

Cans - Senn PX200

Heh, I see a couple of people mention humble rigs. Man if those were humble than mine's pathetic. lol. Can't wait to post mine (As pathetic as it is, lol) but have to wait till early feb..getting my free digicam only then.

iriver imp 550 (case has been altered to the point that the player looks like trash.. literally... yup.. i'm an ididot! rolleyes.gif ).. straightwire mini to rca.. alessandro/grado music series 2... and a full blown meta 42... opa 627 (the best grade.. i forget what it is.. bp.. or ap.. or some crap) ... 4x el2001 buffers... alps blue pot, linkwitz crossfeed, 1000uf panasonic caps.. switch craft rca's and 1/4inch out... and 24v elpac..

i've had varying opinions.. but can that amp properly drive the dt880?

i'll post pics one of these years.. but.. you wouldn't like the look of it all.