ablaze

the official "Post your setup thread"

:drool:

do share more on how amazing it is !!

This is SOTA for CD/SACD playback: the Esoteric P-05/D-05.

The P05 employs their proprietory VRDS-NEO clamping system with their linear tracking laser. As you can see from the pic, there's a window for you to see the clamp. Outputs are via iLink (Firewire IEEE1394 standard) or Dual XLR (one for each channel), both capable of transmitting digital signal for CD and SACD. Construction is dual mono and quality is first rate.

The D05 uses the latest 32bit upsampling chipset from AKM Semicon (AKM4397), one per channel in a mono construction, ie left and right channels are separated. Not only are the DACs 32bit, so are the filters and the delta sigma modulator. It also features a word clock input/output, which I have connected to the P05 via the BNC connectors. This means that both units share the same clock and lowers jitter to 3ppm, locked at Esoteric's 100khz universal clock signal.

Sound is simply sublime. The soundstage extends well beyond the speakers and room, with precise yet unforced detail. Little things you never heard before on familar discs all come through clearly. Some might ask if this detail then induces fatigue, but this is never the case and the sound is liquid and natural. The air and separation between instruments is first rate. If you want the best/latest technology, this is it.

List is $21000 -10% discount.

IPB Image

My Current Headphone Rig:

CEC TL51XZ -> Sound Devices HX-3 Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD25-II :D

Edited by david watt

I am new to headphone. My main listening preference is rock music.

If its not playing rock music properly, its not worth listening.

My humble headphone setup:

Upgraded (NE5532 @ headphone section and Blackgate caps throughout Power Supply / DAC section) Denon DCD-2880AR CDP and Sony SA-5000.

That's all.

ok, i am done with my home rig..... *evil pls go away!!!

:P

Marantz CD6000

IPB Image

DAC7010, Moded with ROE, Silmic II Caps

IPB Image

Marantz CD6000 -> MOGAMI Coaxial -> DAC7010 -> MOGAMI IC -> MPA2.5 -> Cardas 4x24 -> Sennheiser HD650

IPB Image

takes me so long to complete the whole setup!

ok, i am done with my home rig..... *evil pls go away!!! :P

Brother, I can only say we wish you well but there isn't much hope when you have been sucked in so deep..... :lol:

But your set up looks great and I am sure you are enjoying yourself.

Brother, I can only say we wish you well but there isn't much hope when you have been sucked in so deep..... :lol:

But your set up looks great and I am sure you are enjoying yourself.

yah..enjoying myself now :grin:

never know music can sounds so good! :lol:

orgh >"<

drank the poison of fren's UE triple fi and Shure SE530... :bash:

:helpsmilie: