Sign in to follow this  
bpribadi

Superlux HD660, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro twin brother?

That Superlux HD660 looks very similar with Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. Has anyone ever compared them?

The price difference is quite a lot between them :) But they are different in impedance, so not really the same driver :)

Superlux HD660:

IPB Image

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro:

IPB Image

Edited by bpribadi

I'm ordering HD660, tempted to try how it sounds :)

But I don't have DT770 Pro :(

I've got the Superlux HD660. Out of the box, I'm quite disappointed, tonal balance dominant on the midrange area, with rather too soft treble, and a so so bass, the bass was there but not fun at all.

After about more than 50 hours (frankly I forget how long, it was a few days, maybe more than 3 days), the sound improved, the midrange even though still a bit dominant, but now sounds much more balanced. The bass is nicer now, bigger, more balance with the midrange, and the treble also sounds more sparkling. Overall tonal balance is quite musical now.

Detail and clarity is fine, but ATH-M50 is better. Somehow I can hear like the plastic ear-cups colored the midrange :( Maybe need to modified this cans, put some damping material to reduce plastic ear-cups coloration.

But overall, for the price, it sounds alright, quite musical and smooth sounding, with enough bass :) The vocal is quite nice, but those plastic ear-cups coloration need to be fixed.

My friend is going to lend me Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, will see how they compare :D

Sounds like it needs blutak treatment. :)

Sounds like it needs blutak treatment. :)

Right! I might try bluetack or silicon sealant to dampened the ear-cups. Currently has no time for it, maybe end of the month, will try to mod it.

My friend offer me to loan his DT770 Pro to be compared with HD660, so this thing will keep me busy for a while B)