McLazy

MP3 Player Recommendation

Hi all, i current having ipod 5th gen. But it sounds really bad when i go with my TF10. therefore i am looking for a new mp3 player. Any suggestion? i do not need fanciful features, i juz need a decent player most importantly is the sound produced and with at least 32gb of memory. Cowon S9 is too fanciful for me. Sony X series is too expensive for me..

Hi all, i current having ipod 5th gen. But it sounds really bad when i go with my TF10. therefore i am looking for a new mp3 player. Any suggestion? i do not need fanciful features, i juz need a decent player most importantly is the sound produced and with at least 32gb of memory. Cowon S9 is too fanciful for me. Sony X series is too expensive for me..

cowon D2

what do you mean when "it sounds really bad?" im using an ipod classic (5.5?6th Gen? - 80gb) with LOD -> Fiio e5 and it sounds pretty good to me. listened to my friend's creative zen x-fi and i honestly couldnt tell a significant difference. i even find that my classic sounds better. (Flat EQ)

Have not listened to the popular cowon or sony mp3 players so i cant comment on them.

PS: im also using tf10.

Sansa Fuze. A good player at a very good price. If EQ is what you need, you can rockbox it ( since rockbox is avaliable in V2) . Rockboxed Sansa looks good and better EQ setting.

If Space is what you need, get yourself a micro SD card to add it to the space that your sansa have.

what do you mean when "it sounds really bad?" im using an ipod classic (5.5?6th Gen? - 80gb) with LOD -> Fiio e5 and it sounds pretty good to me. listened to my friend's creative zen x-fi and i honestly couldnt tell a significant difference. i even find that my classic sounds better. (Flat EQ)

Have not listened to the popular cowon or sony mp3 players so i cant comment on them.

PS: im also using tf10.

Does e5 really help? Becoz i cant hear much bass when i am listening to Iron maiden (their bass supposed to be very heavy) with my ipod+tf10. And it clarity isnt very good. I draw to the conclusion that the player is not good becoz i own a pair of MF220 too. The clarity and bass that is produced by MF220 and TF10 isnt a great diff. therefore i felt that the problem lays with the player. Btw, i using comply foam for both phones, i know i did have a good seal.

Do you have any EQ setting when u use ur ipod?

Sansa Fuze. A good player at a very good price. If EQ is what you need, you can rockbox it ( since rockbox is avaliable in V2) . Rockboxed Sansa looks good and better EQ setting.

If Space is what you need, get yourself a micro SD card to add it to the space that your sansa have.

i should check it out :grin: thx

What kind of bass are you looking for actually?

TF10 on my D2+ produces by far the cleanest, most accurate bass in my memory when I were auditioning them

If you are looking more of those 'impact' bass, they might not be it

BTW, comply foams actually 'absorbs' quite a bit of bass, if possible try it with the gray sleeves

D2+ also has a bass control, which I use to make up for the 'missing' bass on my UM3X

If you are really interested, can drop me a PM then see whether we live close enough for u to have a test on my D2+ with your songs

Edited by Xinz

Does e5 really help? Becoz i cant hear much bass when i am listening to Iron maiden (their bass supposed to be very heavy) with my ipod+tf10. And it clarity isnt very good. I draw to the conclusion that the player is not good becoz i own a pair of MF220 too. The clarity and bass that is produced by MF220 and TF10 isnt a great diff. therefore i felt that the problem lays with the player. Btw, i using comply foam for both phones, i know i did have a good seal.

Do you have any EQ setting when u use ur ipod?

the EQ i use is flat..is it possible that the problem lies with the source (i.e. the MP3 files-> low bit rate?) rather than the ipod itself?

try encoding a higher bitrate version (my personal favourite is ALAC or 320kbps will do if you're short on space) and see if the difference is felt. from personal experience flac and 128/192 is a huge leap in terms of SQ.

d2+ would be good for u

just set the mach3 bass high

if still not enuf and u want more impact set the lowest 2 eq to 12

cfm can tickle ur ears