bpribadi

Beyerdynamic T1

Having owned T1 for a while, i find it overall thinner sounding than HD800, mids aren't as good. Overall very transparent/clear sounding, think is due to a boost in certain treble frequency, but it doesn't give sibilance as often as HD800 on not so gd recordings.

Yup, T1 is not so fabulous for vocal, especially when paired with thin sounding amp. The mid high and treble is very nice for those who likes clarity and transparency, but low mid and bass need a few dB boost.

For vocal I prefer my Hifiman HE5 LE :beyer:

The ortho sounds for vocal is very seductive :wub:

IPB Image

FYI, the right K340 is not ortho, it is electrostatic + dynamic drivers, I just took the picture together with the Orthos.

The left one is Yamaha HP1, and the center is the HE5 LE.

Edited by bpribadi

Guest crumple_r

Yup, T1 is not so fabulous for vocal, especially when paired with thin sounding amp. The mid high and treble is very nice for those who likes clarity and transparency, but low mid and bass need a few dB boost.

For vocal I prefer my Hifiman HE5 LE :beyer:

The ortho sounds for vocal is very seductive :wub:

IPB Image

FYI, the right K340 is not ortho, it is electrostatic + dynamic drivers, I just took the picture together with the Orthos.

The left one is Yamaha HP1, and the center is the HE5 LE.

Wow! Very impressive picture! Your HE-5 LE looks almost identical to my HE-6s! And i'm glad to hear you're really digging the vocal presentation from the Orthos! :party:

Wow! Very impressive picture! Your HE-5 LE looks almost identical to my HE-6s! And i'm glad to hear you're really digging the vocal presentation from the Orthos! :party:

It looks pretty similar indeed, but sound wise your HE6 is better, better tonal balance than my HE5-LE :) I tried HE6 last week & like the tonal balance, much better than HE5-LE. But HE6 is also much harder to drive, need a large current amplifier to drive it properly.

Anyone looking for excellent condition HE5-LE ? :P

Guest crumple_r

It looks pretty similar indeed, but sound wise your HE6 is better, better tonal balance than my HE5-LE :) I tried HE6 last week & like the tonal balance, much better than HE5-LE. But HE6 is also much harder to drive, need a large current amplifier to drive it properly.

Anyone looking for excellent condition HE5-LE ? :P

Actually, it isn't as hard to drive as what some people might make it out to be. I use the HDP to drive it at the moment and it can actually get to ear-splitting levels as is.

I'm looking forward to receiving the Audio-GD NFB10 soon tho, to really see if i can drive the HE-6s to it's "full" potential if it hasn't already been reached.

Actually, it isn't as hard to drive as what some people might make it out to be. I use the HDP to drive it at the moment and it can actually get to ear-splitting levels as is.

I'm looking forward to receiving the Audio-GD NFB10 soon tho, to really see if i can drive the HE-6s to it's "full" potential if it hasn't already been reached.

What I mean by "difficult to drive" is not about volume, but more on the midrange and bass 'tightness'. High gain amp might sounds loud enough, but if it doesn't have enough current and control, the low mid and bass sound less tight and controlled.

It looks like Audio Gd NFB-10 should be powerful enough for HE6 :)

Please share your impression once you paired them :D

Edited by bpribadi

Guest crumple_r

What I mean by "difficult to drive" is not about volume, but more on the midrange and bass 'tightness'. High gain amp might sounds loud enough, but if it doesn't have enough current and control, the low mid and bass sound less tight and controlled.

It looks like Audio Gd NFB-10 should be powerful enough for HE6 :)

Please share your impression once you paired them :D

Yup! I totally understand that a high volume level doesn't necessarily mean that the phones are well driven but from what i can hear, the HE-6s do indeed have a wonderful impact all round, midrange and bass included.

I do however listen to the HE-6s at relatively low volumes (so as to preserve my hearing) but even then, the HE-6s are effortless and really clear and crisp. So i don't think they are under-powered at all.

I'll confirm my suspicion when the NFB10 arrives. :))